Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 53 - Run, Coward

@XaneKudo
Thank you for saying this. It's one of those perspective changing moments when it becomes apparent parents are not this infallible beings but are just as flawed if not worse in some cases.

Fed-Kun's army
You know, if this manga ever got an anime adaptation, a bunch of people would be drawn by dilf jokes and precocious Koto in her undies, only to then be bamboozled with this heavy shit after the anime ends. And then we would be the ones to make the first memes like "came for the girl, left with crippling depression", or "Oh, look, hentai! / Depression: I am inevitable", or "this anime is the greatest trap since Astolfo" (I dunno, my memes are shit so don't use these as reference).

Oh, and... don't kill Koto... Mr. Author... plz...

Given the last panel I think she's leaving not because of the reasoning she gave, but because she thinks her leaving will allow kosuke to move on.

Am I heartless for thinking "I hope that cigar doesn't burn the house down" after such emotional chapter?

Dex-chan lover
@Archaron I'd say you have good foresight. Considering the author's unrelenting writing style that very well could be the next thing that happens. lol

So he catches her, then what?

The cop told him his life, even though he was found innocent, was basically over.

Lmao so saying the kiss is consensual gets you out of trouble with being with a minor?

I'm not sure what the ending suppose to mean will she run away from everyone or commit suicide. This really feels like end game will be sad when this goes.

@XaneKudo one of the major themes of this series is pressures adults and parents go through and that theres an expectation to deal with things with no real sympathy from society.

Group Leader
@lionfromnorth thanks! it's because unlike many people like to say, i don't "MTL" the manga, i translate it with the help of, among other things, MTL. it's different. i lack the all-around mastery of Japanese, but i'm learning and getting better. oh, and kanji. they are my kryptonite, especially when they're hand-written, i'm ded. lol

@Darudius i really hope so. with all the shit they're going through, they deserve a bit of a rest. i know they mostly brought it down on themselves, but not everything.

@Jackwyvern that was a valid argument, in the first dozen chapters or so maybe, but now they're past that, unfortunately. you don't just CTRL-Z feelings and bonds.

@Kefkabot well, judging from the number of chapters, the delays and the cliffhanger, it's possible next chapter will be in a new volume, and if that is so, chances are good we're good for another couple of chapters at least. we'll see!

@PedroSimao002 i feel the same, i really hope no one's dying in this story 😭

@SmokeWagon i'd say all the more reason to salvage maybe the relationship that caused all of this, in order not to lose everything 😱

@Starbright i guess with criminal laws and everything, there are some factors that play in, and he hasn't done anything sexual, and she's consenting, so no abuse. that's pretty much how the cop's explanation felt to me.

thank you everyone for the appreciation, i'll be stuck on the edge of my seat for at least 2 weeks now, lol

Regarding the theory in some of the comments that Kosuke's house might burn down from the remains of that last cigarette he smoked, that last cig clearly burns down and then out while still between his fingers. The smoke curling up in earlier panels, in that last panel, is completely gone and all that is left between his fingers is a filter and spent ash. So, IMHO, while his emotional house might be burning down, I don't think his physical home is going up in flames. 🙂

Fed-Kun's army
No, dammit! take your silly ass back into the house, call the cops about the runaway. Even Hasselhoff couldn't save them all.

Users who are viewing this thread