Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 56 - Cornered and Desperate

Dex-chan lover
Wow he's actually done something useful for once. Of course he showed up at exactly the right time 🙄

he still on my shit list tho lol fuck him (and those rapists of course)

Damn, that was very intense. Thank you for always traducing every new chapter.😆

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter probably the one that doesn't make sense the most. There's this thing called "fight or flight" on humans whenever we got cornered in a threatening situation. The fact that she just sat there asking "why" when the opportunity to run away showed up just weird, totally weird. What is wrong with her?

Dex-chan lover
Are japanese young men just all rapists ? What the fuck is this trope

People are calling this cliche but it isn't really all that unlikely for a lone young girl in a bad neighbourhood at night to get raped, sure it's a bit of a coincidence but it isn't unbelievable.

As for when kosuke comes to the rescue out of nowhere, i've got no clue how to defend that. Hopefully it'll be explained in the coming chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
Bro when I saw the clerk open the door thought she was safe but he’s in on it wtf?hopefully nothing bad happens next chapter

@RoboMochi
"Fight or flight" has been debunked as the range of human response to threats; "friend," or "freeze" are others that are just as common.

"Friend" is attempting to appease the aggressor and minimize or evade harm by following along with the aggressor's suggestions.

"Freeze" is exactly what it sounds like: the person just shuts down and doesn't have much reaction. "Deer in headlights" is pretty much the idea. This is much closer to what Koto does.

Group Leader
@fewer it's about what i was trying to write myself. the whole chain of events leading to this feels believable, and i'm sure that these things unfortunately happens IRL.

as for Kousuke, I feel like the timing fits. between the time he got her call, then her riding that train, while he was there letting his smoke burn out, then decides to go, has a little chat with Miya, then hops into a taxi. he undoubtedly made the connection quickly, between the announcer calls he heard over the phone, and the fact that she went for the same exact place they once went together, he probably went for the right spot right away.

@RoboMochi and everyone. maybe it's just me, but i feel like her instinct to just freeze is totally believable. she's been beaten into submission by her mother and her reaction to anything stressful seems to be to freeze. i was once in a similar (yet much less dramatic) situation and my instinct was to jump out of a bed, put on my pants, but then i stood at the edge of the room, my back against the wall. i was hoping things wouldn't escalate, but i wasn't feeling like i could escape if things turned bad.

Users who are viewing this thread