Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 56 - Cornered and Desperate

Fed-Kun's army
@Toriichii @tanookee Funnily enough that's the same reason rapists use to get away with rape "She wasn't trying to defend herself so she may as well be consenting", you may say it's cliche but there's a reason it's cliche, it happens, more often then you think , it's just that some people choose to ignore it.

@Toriichii @Alice_is_lost I understand what you mean and I agree, I happen to know people who unfortunately had to deal with that kind of situation before.
What I meant is that it annoys me how she doesn't hesitate to destroy others lifes and acts selfish but when she has to deal with the consequences or dangerous situations she puts herself in, she doesn't react at all (it's not the first time she does this).
Also, for cliche I meant that they always use this kind of situations in a LOT of manga as an easy way to create drama and as an excuse to make the male character come save her while making the female character look defenseless so we sympathize with her. I got a bit tired to see the same thing over and over, that's all.

Fed-Kun's army
@tanookee Oh yeah, You're right, I get what you're saying and how it can be annoying to read, but on the other hand I think the author does this things on purpose, maybe..
There's some things you just can't change easily because they're wired that way deep in your brain so if she does the same mistakes over and over again it's because that's the way she is, she is a bad person, tho it's not her fault.
She's not even an adult yet so what she does is indeed because of her upbringing, and that is explicitly showed in the story.

Dex-chan lover
I was mad that she was just sitting there asking why instead of trying to run. Then I thought I'd there any room in that small space for her to run.

I know this won't happen but I would like for him to mention how she was struggling to get away from those two and if she really was a naughty girl like she said once, she would have went along with it

@Remy88Lebeau Clearly you don't know much about sexual assault. In a llot of cases of sexual assault those who have been gone through it frozen with fear and etc. You need to know that not everyone is the kind of person who will fight/struggle when in the event of sexual assault and that some just are the kind of people who are unable to do such a thing.

Fed-Kun's army
@ReadBeforeSleep @princess_daphie
Sorry it took so long for me to answer you guys. I just don't know what should I say in this situation. Initially, I was planning to answer with thanking you for giving me the knowledge of this "freeze" behaviour in additional to flight and fight. I actually learned something new after I read wikipedia and some article about it. But... when I remembered again, I already knew about this behaviour since I have had seen this at least couple of times before.

So, the real question was, why eventhough I already knew about freeze reaction, I still wrote that comment and questioning Kisaragi there. Thus, I re-read the chapter again and yep I still think her reaction was weird in that situation. Her shocking reaction to seeing Kousuke who suddenly showed up, and then leading to her just sat there mumbling "why" was actually believable. The problem was after that. There's at least a good couple of minutes for her to think through the situation while Kousuke fighting those criminals, and yet, she still just there without actually doing anything. I can only think this is a bad pacing from the author. Maybe they should have made the fight last shorter.

Fed-Kun's army
Additional reply for @princess_daphie
I'm sorry to read what happened to you since from your reply it seems you had experienced a bad thing. I want to ask further about that but afraid it would come out as insensitive. I just hope you're doing better from now on. Thank you for your hard work. I feel honored that you as scanlator took some of you previous time to replied to my comment before.

Group Leader
@RoboMochi i'm always happy to interact with other readers! i translate for many reasons, including self-improvement, sharing and to actually read these chapters 🙂 i appreciate you mentioning me!

so i quickly talked about something that happened to me because it feels like i've had this freeze reaction before, but i was in no way in as much danger as Koto here, and things turned out to be more fear than harm. i don't think i've had any lasting consequences from this event, except that i don't think i'd blindly go with anyone without driving there in my own car anymore, lol, i felt so "trapped"!

Fed-Kun's army
@princess_daphie
You seems trying to make it sounds less dangerous but it still sounds terrifying to me. Please be more careful from now on... though, I guess I don't need to tell you that.

Fed-Kun's army
So you're telling me these guys were so desperate, they looked under every room to find her. The employee let's rape happen as if it was a usual sight to him. He even tells them to quiet down and not disturb the others, which means there are other people around that could hear her. She had that many pages to just scream for help, but just sat there dumbfounded. I know people do freeze up in those situations, but she had way too much time to react. I don't wanna be that guy, but damn; either the author is trying to make us hate her character, or he/she is trying to makes us hate himself/herself.

Users who are viewing this thread