Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Steal the moon

Dex-chan lover
NGL i kinda expected to see some sort of time leap at the end in order to give kousuke a bit more of an happy ending after everything he went through...
Thank you for the translation and to bring the story to its conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
@jmann

I don't think his daughter is a chekovs's gun. she is there to be a foil to her dad , a reflection of his weaknesses and what he needs to do to overcome it the same way that koto's mom is a reflection of her weaknesses and her solving problems with her completes her arc

I do think however the author didn't know how to play out miyas involvement properly and got too focused on koto and her mom to properly develop the conflict for kousuke.

I also don't think that koto and kousuke is meant to be together narratively. the reason for their relationship withers the more they develop so this is more like a "my first love" story rather than a get together story

Dex-chan lover
@Keetonman
What à coïncidence i want a épilogue where you see her daughter getting the metamorphosis ending ecause she was stupid all the manga

Dex-chan lover
"à coïncidence épilogue"

Come off as any more pretentious and you might strain yourself.

Thank you for translating all of this you are a god i love these romance stories and you translated my top 10 thank you so much

Fed-Kun's army
@princess_daphie thanks daphie, happy new year also.

Anyone know what she meant about putting milk in the coffee?
Also this was a very "clean" ending imo, better than a lot of works that have ended this year.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for all of your hard work @princess_daphie !!!

I enjoyed this series. I feel bad for Kousuke, despite my disgust with him. In the end, it seems like his life has gotten worse, and his relationship with his daughter is even worse now than it was when she was a shut in.

There is no guarantee that Koto will get together with him down the line...she is still a child, and things can change drastically for someone during their transition to adulthood. If she is all that he has to keep going, I can imagine things getting darker as the years pass especially if her feelings change.

Oh well. What a fun ride. I like this author.

Aggregator gang
Are you serious this is the ending? What a let down.
I apreciate the translation though, thank you very much.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I didn't read the "Early release" but I do read the comment and everyone said its a disappointing "Open ended" ending. I though "Eh, it can't be that bad", and it does.

thank you for hard work

personally i love this ending too
through all the hardships
mc made a right decision (to love no matter what)
they love each other and looking for the future (in this shitty world)
some years is a blink of an eye
abandoning that overreacting daughter
for 1 night is not a crime
for like her always abandoning her father herself for no reason and being like zero understanding

and dont understand people hating it
it ended just about when it might become
repetitive or boring
but i understand by wanting more like it
and an epiloge would be nice

Users who are viewing this thread