Musume no Tomodachi

EYdC7TEUYAASCE3

Turning to lighter news, musutomo has sold 500k (counting digital and print versions).

Also chapter 42 will only be free to the public on 11th June, so don't expect anything this week.

This keeps getting funnier. He should flip off his needy daughter into adulthood and elope with the high schooler seductress to some prefecture where they're legal as a couple. Next they would prove the haters wrong by putting her peak fertility to good use to improve Japan's demographics. The guy is competent at his work, he'd definitely get back into another good company eventually. Hard to blame him for having a solid and numerous family by that point. Now that'd be a good ending.

I'm not sure what I expected from something that literally says "femme fatale" on the cover... Yet somehow I can't bring myself to stop reading, for better or worse. Although I gotta say that watching the comments explode over who's less in the wrong is an amusing side show in and of itself.

Damn... this manga.

IRL would be a different characters in a similar situation and far less forgivable.

If the author wants to make it more realistic. It would be, a new recruit tries to escape from her abusive trash husband, and a dept head who is pushed over the edge by his unreasonable wife, they eloped and the whole world throw stones at them.

Though the later (example i gave) is a more clear cut then the former(this manga), it is still cannot be denied that there are always more than meets the eye, we all live different lives, we carry different burden, no one can understand what the other have had to go through in their lives.

Not saying there are no evil person out there, but not every villain is a product of greed, lust or malice, nor every heroes are saints.

Know their stories, before passing your judgement.

So when u decided to throw the stone to the sinners that u think deserved it, u should make sure damn well, there wont be a time where its your turn to be stoned.

This story is not about emotions at all, and it also isn't emotional. Emotions are used to justify strands of plot, but in the end the whole story is about the perspective of the onlooker. It's about the tragic tale of how everything is just an illusion created by the brain, fed by information coming through your senses, and fit together to create what we call "reality", where in fact everything is relative.

What people think,feel,say and do are things we perceive without context, the influence our view of reality but in their reality the reason and result of their thoughts,actions and perception is different from ours,the onlooker.
Every single instance in the story uses the same paradigm, and every character wants to run away/cut off ties with others because of their realities clashing hard with each other, resulting in the other always being "wrong" or "bad".
I won't go into detail here because it would spoiler everything potentially, but for those who've read the story, they should recognize that this is true, and every character seems to be a different dimension secluded from each other, and the only way they prove their own reality and existence is by interacting on a superficial level with each other, which is also why they "fail" their "relationships".

Now on about the morale of this setting. There is no reason why love between a man and a woman is immoral or wrong.
The reason why a relationship is immoral or wrong would be to overstep ones boundaries and act irresponsible, for example impregnating a woman and then throw her out as if she was trash (like e.g. Karl Marx did with his maid).
If a man in his 30s or 40s dates a highschool girl and retains a pure relationship until she is of age and marries her, there is nothing immoral done.
Of course, there would be mean looks from people who don't acknowledge this because they would think that the man is sexually exploiting the girl, but if she was just just a few years older, there would suddenly be no problem anymore, even if he were to sexually exploit her and throw her away.
In reality, none cares about morals, they just want to save face in society by enforcing crappy rules that destroy the lives of men and women because they enforce irresponsible romances on both ends (teenage romances that often lead to promiscuous sexuality on women, which lowers their ability to bond as adults, and irresponsible boys who become irresponsible men because they can get love & sex without taking responsibility, and this in turn creates adults who continue to act irresponsibly, burying their chances on a happy future and a fulfilled marriage).
What is really important is the will to act responsibly towards the one you love and to yourself.
Don't sell out yourself cheaply for the fun of the moment, and don't commit to someone whom you don't want to hold dear enough to spend your lives together, that's what really is important.

Enough self-respect to commit only to a person whom you deem worthy of you and enough respect for your significant other to accept his/her commitment wholeheartedly.

Group Leader
@Anddo i'm frantically awaiting it too! this manga (and many others) are fueling my previously non-existent, but now very present, desire to be able to read goddamn kanjis (and thus read raws)!

If this manga was 100-200 years ago, it would be like a normal shoujo manga for us now lol

After Koi Wa Ameagari No You Ni's disappointing ending, as an oji-con I needed another age gap romance. This seems like it'll do nicely :3

Users who are viewing this thread