Dex-chan lover
There’s stupid and then there’s Muto.

What a dumbass.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Sato (sugar)! GO ON WITHOUT ME!

*Sprinkles salt instead*

Contributor
Do they call delinquents Yankees in Japan? (Looking at the last page) that would be a kek

Dex-chan lover
To say you're going to go flower picking is a euphemistic way to say, "I'm gonna go take a leak". though this is the first time I've seen it used by a male character.

@Luke_chase it's got something to do with the word for squatting.

Aggregator gang
Ok I understand why saying "I'm gonna go pretty up." and having handkerchiefs with cats on them can be considered feminine, however some of Muto's quirks are just him being overly prepared for specific issues like with the medicine and knowing first aid. Is being prepared considered girly in japan?

Dex-chan lover
I fucking love everything about this chapter

I love how he's so stupid he doesn't realize when he should say it to sound manly and thinks that just by saying it he sounds manly.

I love how she misinterprets everything he says but because its him, she finds a way to do it in the most assertive way possible (dual-wielding for instance)

I love how she's about to pummel the Yankees, but because he interjects, she plays along until they touch her boy-toy

I love how her beating gets more severe when she's flustered rather than angry

Shit's hilarious

Screen_Shot_2019-10-09_at_10.41.04_AM.png

Group Leader
The English equivalent to a woman saying "I'm going to go flower picking" would be "I'm going to go powder my nose."

Dex-chan lover
You watched the Naruto fillers?! That’s even more horrific than the zombies

Fed-Kun's army
@Nep You just made me realised "Satou"means "sugar" like you said and that "Mutou" means "sugarless".
It's always interesting to look for the translation of the names in manga since they are often related to the character of a character or the story which isn't really possible in most western languages since most western names are only use as names.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Mivas
I don't even know if its the right Sato though. (Chinese in particular has four "sounds" or "tones" for each "word". Each with different meaning. Not sure how Japanese works but this Sato may not actually be sugar. )

Group Leader
@Nep The kanji in Japanese are:

「佐藤」 Satou (FMC's family name)
「砂糖」 Satou (sugar)
「武藤」 Mutou (MMC's family name)
「無糖」 Mutou (sugarless)

So they're homophones. That said, you guys could still be onto something given that they're described here as "sugary" (pink) and "bittersweet" (blue).

Supporter
If I'm remembering correctly; "going to pick some flowers" is a feminine Japanese euphemism for going to the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread