My Blue Garnet - Ch. 1

Power Uploader
So what is this shit even? A cute maiden falls for yet another whore? Is this what adult """yuri""" is about? This is not yuri, this is just lesbian smut. Too bad, because good adult yuri is rarer than one might think. And this one is just another reason why.
I thought purity fags like you had gone extinct.

Please, go the way of the dinosaurs.

Dex-chan lover
first page
Don't stick your d.. err, "equipment" in crazy.

That's right. To be qualified as yuri protagonist, every single one of them has to experience at least a mile of dicks, two miles preferably.

Power Uploader
first page
Don't stick your d.. err, "equipment" in crazy.

That's right. To be qualified as yuri protagonist, every single one of them has to experience at least a mile of dicks, two miles preferably.
You mean they have to hate men and stay pure. God forbid they ever thought they were straight, like most of the population, and always knew they were "special" and that they were going to meet another woman exactly like them.

They preferably live in a world where men don't even exist or are all dead.

That is yuri.

/s

Last edited:
Banned
You mean they have to hate men and stay pure. God forbid they ever thought they were straight, like most of the population, and always knew they were "special" and that they were going to meet another woman exactly like them.

They preferably live in a world where men don't even exist or are all dead.

That is yuri.

/s
X (formerly known as Twitter) is that way.

Dex-chan lover
So what is this shit even? A cute maiden falls for yet another whore? Is this what adult """yuri""" is about? This is not yuri, this is just lesbian smut. Too bad, because good adult yuri is rarer than one might think. And this one is just another reason why.
in my 2 years of reading yuri manga, i have to come to realize that everything you just said is what 60% of yuri fans hate to hear,

they would much rather have yuri manga like this, that might have ntr, than that of a well written series with reasonable characters,

i remember a few months ago on Twitter, alot of lesbians/yuri fans were telling me that, Bad thinking diary is better than Bloom into you 😭😭,

Banned
60% of yuri fans hate to hear
Don't worry, your numbers are not quite right. Lesbian smut manga has been around for a while now, but there is a reason why it was and never will be popular. People that understand and love yuri, want to read yuri. Not lesbian smut.
i remember a few months ago on Twitter, alot of lesbians/yuri fans were telling me that, Bad thinking diary is better than Bloom into you 😭😭
on Twitter
Heh.

Banned
ong, good yuri is getting really rare these days
Just by looking at the Yuri-hime and Kirara line-up we are living in new second golden time for yuri enjoyers. There is quite a lot of good yuri. Especially Gundam Suisei no Majo was a hit with the normies in japan, for better or worse, so yuri is on the rise.
Bad thinking diary is better than Bloom into you 😭😭
Still makes me chuckle. That's twitter for you. Just beware, those creatures start to post here now, too. Even Dynasty-scans forums are more moderate than some mangadex yuri ones lol

Dex-chan lover
I dunno what to tell you guys I like this so far and want to see more. Some of you folks up top lament the state of yuri, but I believe it's still in a decent place. Maybe it's because I have an affinity for what I call "dark yuri," but I for one am glad that we're starting to get away from stories that spend too much time having two clearly lesbian characters fully realize their feelings for each other (reason why Sakura Trick remains supreme).

Thank you for the translation.

ong, good yuri is getting really rare these days
I disagree. I understand a lot of it may not suit your particular tastes, but I feel the ratio of good yuri to bad yuri nowadays is in favor of the former. Not by much mind, but certainly not to the point where I'd believe good yuri is "rare these days."

Dex-chan lover

He's not a purity fag, he is a troll. I saw plenty of these on mangakakalot. They'd pop under literally all yuri-esque uploads to diss author, readers and manga itself. Sort of an easy bait since a lot of us are invested into these stories to get an emotional response from. Just ignore him.

Also!

Thank you for translations!

Banned
He's not a purity fag, he is a troll. I saw plenty of these on mangakakalot. They'd pop under literally all yuri-esque uploads to diss author, readers and manga itself. Sort of an easy bait since a lot of us are invested into these stories to get an emotional response from. Just ignore him.

Also!

Thank you for translations!
Really? How about you go under ACTUAL ADULT YURI and look up my comments?
https://mangadex.org/title/032fd747...fb6a899/an-ol-at-her-limit-and-a-college-girl
OR one of my favorites currently?
https://mangadex.org/title/927617bf-a212-44d6-9ff0-3d941fbaae2a/the-princess-of-sylph
You just don't know what makes yuri good or what yuri is in the first place. You have no taste for it and anyone that likes this garbage Garnet will most likely never understand it.

Edit: I can link you much more yuri. I have almost 900 titles on mangadex that i am reading/have read and half of it is yuri. Maybe even more.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was not a fan of Brides of Iberis. A bit too much cheating for my taste. This seems okay so far though. Kon is a fairly standard lock for naive yuri protag. Ai looks like trouble but hopefully more on the entertaining and less toxic side this time.

Dex-chan lover
AYYYY NEW AKIYAMA HARU WORK, let's see how this one goes, it looks off to a great start!

Also what the fuck are those two gearoi92 and beinmote9z talking about? "This is just lesbian smut" for a series that has shown no sex yet. "Some people on twitter said this" yeah sure they did that is clearly representative of anything like no one thinks Bad Thinking Diary is better than Bloom Into You, why are they trying to suggest people actually believe that. Also, "people want to read yuri not lesbian smut" like bruh lesbians have sex sometimes why are they complaining that sometimes manga about lesbians shows lesbians having sex as if yuri can never include sexual attraction? "ACTUAL ADULT YURI" lmao yuri depicting two adults where one happens to work at a hostess club is not actual adult yuri, clearly. Like, all of Akiyama Haru's yuri works are about adults, she's good at depicting messy queer adult relationships that are actually realistic.

I'm reminded that some Japanese survey/poll stuff from a decade ago suggested male yuri fans wanted manga that was more non-sexual and female yuri fans (who were mostly queer) wanted more manga that actually depicted sexual stuff. Was an amusing correlation, dunno if its relevant here but oh well.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/032fd747...fb6a899/an-ol-at-her-limit-and-a-college-girl
https://mangadex.org/title/927617bf-a212-44d6-9ff0-3d941fbaae2a/the-princess-of-sylph
You just don't know what makes yuri good or what yuri is in the first place. You have no taste for it and anyone that likes this garbage Garnet will most likely never understand it.

Edit: I can link you much more yuri. I have almost 900 titles on mangadex that i am reading/have read and half of it is yuri. Maybe even more.

Reading a whole bunch of
seemingly random yuri does not make you an expert on the subject. Nor does it give you grounds to condemn someone's personal taste within the genre.

If you think this is terrible that's fine. You made your point clear and I can sorta see where you're coming from. But get off your high horse; it's not a good look.

Power Uploader
You don't even respect women. How can you pretend to be a fan of yuri?

Your taste in yuri is skewed toward imaginary women living in a fantasy world.

Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't mean you can insult the taste of others, or insult women who don't conform to your standards and call them "whores" just because their job involves keeping company to men. It's a respectable job in Japan mind you, like geisha were in their time. It doesn't mean they sleep around with men.

Tbh, I find the two you cited boring and I don't even read them. And I've read a lot of yuri and translated hundreds chapters of it. I don't think I lose to you in "passion" about yuri, do I?

But I won't go out of my way to comment on the yuri you like and insult your taste.

Banned
Tbh, I find the two you cited boring
You don't have to prove yourself of having not only shittaste but also not understanding yuri any further, i already got that from your earlier dim-witted ramblings.
You don't even respect women
Also lmao.
seemingly random yuri does not make you an expert on the subject
Reading it for over 15 years and learning japanese to import yuri manga should do it in most cases.
You made your point clear and I can sorta see where you're coming from
Thank you. You guys can continue to read lesbian smut manga, but please just don't call it yuri.

Dex-chan lover

Surprised to have gotten an actual response from a troll. If you want to be taken seriously, might want to tone down the hate towards anyone with different tastes.

Brides was a beautiful slice-of-life. Not my cup of tea, however - "Art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder." This time too, I expect something different from the usual formula.

After all, the two examples that you linked, while they are good stories in their own right. But they also follow the most basic form of storytelling in the romance genre. If that's your choice of "what constitutes a good yuri" more power to you.

After all, read one and it's like you've read a hundred of them. Same goes for many other stories. What I personally prefer by now, is the setting it is set in. There's too few yuri around that do not include confused teenagers.

Anyway, imma stop. Being baited by a troll to type something twice, jokes on me.

Users who are viewing this thread