My Childhood Friend the Vampire - Ch. 2

Group Leader
@Drxabaras It could be both, but I don't think the Japanese for virgo and virgin are as close as they are in English. I know the slang-ish way for virgin doesn't sound like virgo, which I would imagine is used a loanword from english. Could be wrong tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that taste preference is WAY too specific. How he hasn’t realized that is beyond me. Anyone with a brain can tell its just a roundabout way of saying it can only be him. Just logically speaking she would have had to taste the blood of literally every combination of blood type, hair color, horoscope sign, sex, and height of humans to narrow it down that specifically. She obviously made up that up as an excuse; its really not that difficult to tell. I’ve seen dense MCs in situations I’d honestly be unaware of myself (nearly 0 social skills), but come on; this is the equivalent of a floating giant neon sign with blinking lights spelling out “I want to be with you forever” with a heart.

I know it's dumb but....I'm waiting for the second person that matches those requirements to enter the story.

I'm gonna blame his acute denseness on the blood loss and possibly on vampire thralldom. Like what if she's a closet tsundere who somehow convinced him it was nothing personal?

Dex-chan lover
The actual good kind of dense MC, where the author is aware of it and plays it to the extremes.

Dex-chan lover
The way to check if she's serious or not about the blood preference would be to get 1 kg above or below the limit and see if she notices

@CountVanPizza
Yeah, from what little I know of it, you could be right about this, but I think @Fish_Food is right on the terms not being as close prior to being translated. Personally I also think it 'fits' better as virgo, but that could be due to some random bias or something on my part; and I can definitely see why virginity status could possibly crop up given the various mythology to pull from.

But I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure, plus given the cultural differences along with possible localization and the like, it could have also been a 'similar' pun using other terms that could closely fit the idea. I mean like a Shinto or Buddhist or some other term that could apply to a person in a similar way, while being close to a word/phrase for virgin. Possibly further complicated with the occasional usage of loan words and such in either language.

.... And somewhat unrelated..... 🤔 Huh, I didn't seem to get a notification about a reply here...
And probably way more of a text wall than actually necessary about one word in a translation 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread