My Classmate Tanaka-san Is Super Scary (Webcomic) - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
thks for the chapter, and wow the dude has some balls or at least some acting skills

Dex-chan lover
@GoogleTranslateGuy Looking at the raws, it looks like the placenames are Shimanishimae and (probably) Nishi-Koigahara (the middle one isn't a placename, it's just 'we're stopping now').

Dex-chan lover
Looks like Nakajima has all but conquered one of the five million Tanakas in Japan.

Group Leader
@sjiveru

I'd guess 島西前 (Shimanishimae) is just made up, I don't think it's a real place in Japan. The 前 kanji means "in front of" like the bus stop or front entrance at a particular location like a school so it's basically "Shimanishi stop".

I think 西恋ヶ原 (note the small "ke") is again a made-up location name so Nishi-Koigahara (West Koigahara) works as well as anything else. A quick Google for that string of characters returns links to this series and nothing else. The 恋ヶ原 part could be understood to be Japanese word-play referring to romantic love between people, sort-of.

@sjiveru I edited the middle one (thank you), but I'm still having trouble telling whether the other two are actual places or are made up.

@Nojay Well, that'd explain it. I'll edit it then! Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls Standing up to annoying kids of your age, and standing up to a grown adult man taking advantage of you, are two entirely separate things. Is one helpless if one does not pick a fight one knows one cannot win?

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls You're missing the fact that Tanaka is a girl, while Nakajima is a boy. Older Japanese supposedly still feel women should be meek housewives. Given the different social expectations, Tanaka has to climb Mount Everest, while Nakajima just has to cross a hill.

Edit: What? The only edit I made was to add "a" before "grown adult man".

Dex-chan lover
The reason he sprayed himself with Febreze (an odour eliminator) was because he though she meant he smelled of BO.

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls Then you're a shitty critic for ignoring context. It's the word of a little girl against a fully grown man. Even if people believed her, she would forever be labelled a victim. Nakajima sticks in, and suddenly it's a 'hero' and the victim against a creepy old molester.

Also, it's not "cliched and shitty", it's a real fucking problem in Japan. Using a believable situation to give your character more than just one dimension (scary) is actually good writing.

Edit: misspelled "than" as "then". Apparently I need to report fixing even spelling or grammatical errors, or people will think I'm obfuscating.😑

Users who are viewing this thread