My Cute Little Kitten - Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
(tmi) I had this sleep thing happen to me and it was an undiagnosed autoimmune disease. I was so tired I'd get off work and wake up face down in bed with my coat and purse still on and the apt door wide open. I'm way better now, but I gave everyone a scare including me. How I was not robbed I don't know.

That doesn't make for a good manga story though. It should be something more dramatic like a gas leak, but that doesn't explain why she's the only one dealing with this.

Dex-chan lover
(tmi) I had this sleep thing happen to me and it was an undiagnosed autoimmune disease. I was so tired I'd get off work and wake up face down in bed with my coat and purse still on and the apt door wide open. I'm way better now, but I gave everyone a scare including me. How I was not robbed I don't know.

That doesn't make for a good manga story though. It should be something more dramatic like a gas leak, but that doesn't explain why she's the only one dealing with this.
I'm expecting it to be psychological.

Dex-chan lover
I'm expecting it to be psychological.
Therapy would solve a lot of drama in manga, but I’m struggling to think of examples of it happening even when the story is begging for it as this has for ages. Maybe this will be the one, but easier to speculate it’s physical.

Dex-chan lover
She isn’t falling asleep, she is passing out. But everyone who is saying “just go to a hospital”, you sadly convince yourself it’s everything but something serious until it’s too late… it’s not great but everyone does it…

Double-page supporter
Yuna used to have trouble keeping up with her work, but now she says she's fine. Maybe she's sneakily working at night and that's the reason for her sleep deprivation?

Dex-chan lover
She isn’t falling asleep, she is passing out. But everyone who is saying “just go to a hospital”, you sadly convince yourself it’s everything but something serious until it’s too late… it’s not great but everyone does it…
And I agree. Up until Yuna showed it got to the point she could drown taking a bath. After that, its utterly stupid Rena didn't dress her, shove her in a car, and take her in that night

Dex-chan lover
So she is just waiting for her life to be in actual mortal danger (i guess drowning in bath doesn't count) before going to see a professional? Cool. I like when characters lose several dozen IQ points so that story can stall more.
I mean, this manga never pretended to be more than the typical GL manga with a terribly underdeveloped/low quality story and characters. It is enjoyable for what it is but I would be lying if I said I read it for the depth and interesting developments.

Having typed that, I have to wholeheartedly agree with you. This is pretty much the author selling their characters. Both MCs are absolutely wildly braindead this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Narcolepsy huh? According to the comments this can be the result pf a lot of things.
I had a Narcoleptic friend back in highschool and I was extremely worried if they would ever survive in society, it was clearly a serious issue despite them not making any effort to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread