My Dear Lass - Vol. 4 Ch. 50

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god they're all so damn annoying. Is it just me?
I think this may not be the most popular opinion, but personally, I found this story arc to be less compelling than those before.

And I do think they should have a proper conversation. Express anger and disappointment. That is good for the soul. Does not mean she has to talk to her afterwards or forgive her.

Double-page supporter
What terrible advice to give someone younger than you.”if you make a mistake you cant fix it” like what a shitty outlook on life.

Dex-chan lover
I think this may not be the most popular opinion, but personally, I found this story arc to be less compelling than those before.

And I do think they should have a proper conversation. Express anger and disappointment. That is good for the soul. Does not mean she has to talk to her afterwards or forgive her.
The problem is that most of this arc hasn't been told from Xingyuan's perspective so she's just been teen angsting off to the side while whatsherface who I don't really give a shit about tells her side of things. The fact that the series is still trying to keep her veiled in an air of mystery at this point in the story is very grating.

Edit: and there's the fact that I've always considered Xingyuan a bit of a drama queen. Which might be unfair but I can't know that without any actual insight into her world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
“It’s not that I’m better than you, that I managed not to destroy anything–rather that it's because I was luckier than you, to only have gone through this test later at a later age.”
Such a great quote and summarizes my feelings about Tianli. It's unfortunate. After this chapter, it's clear she's thinking romantically but she’s got to move on. Ship's sailed.
“Why do you kids believe every bit of nonsense that comes out of Mu Xiaoen's mouth,”
Another great line, for those who took Mu Xiaoen's “not serious” seriously. I love her but Mu Xiaoen likes to deflect, deny, and say nonsense every once and a while.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Tianli doesn't understand that just saying sorry doesn't undo the damage done, especially here when it's about outing her lesbian friend in China of all places, like girl, you fundamentally affected her whole life in society, relationships don't exactly come back from that

Dex-chan lover
What terrible advice to give someone younger than you.”if you make a mistake you cant fix it” like what a shitty outlook on life.
What she meant was that things have consequences, and a breach of trust cannot be overwritten, what happened happened, your only choice is to live with the reality of things, you can't go back to the past, you may try to mend things and sometimes it'll work, but sometimes it won't, and that's just life

Dex-chan lover
What she meant was that things have consequences, and a breach of trust cannot be overwritten, what happened happened, your only choice is to live with the reality of things, you can't go back to the past, you may try to mend things and sometimes it'll work, but sometimes it won't, and that's just life
Yeah, in other words, "You can seek forgiveness but that doesn't mean you'll receive it." If you don't, you have to accept it, rather than ram your head against the wall. Forcing the issue is an exhibition of selfishness, which defeats the purpose of the apology.

Dex-chan lover
she just really cant stop her mouth from running, huh.. Yunduo's piece of advice was the most adult thing and yet Tianli clearly cant comprehend anything. I dont think thats an age gap or maturity in experience but, Tianli just doesnt want to listen to what people are saying, instead thinks her own judgement is still whats best for her own guilt.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

yunduo gave tianli from her own experience, sometimes you just gotta move on when there rests no other option. tianlis experience was more bitter, she caused harm and there was no forgiveness to be gained, so her charging in a second time expecting to find it was just as futile as the first time.

yunduo would probably love the phrase "you can lead a horse to water, but cant make it drink"

Users who are viewing this thread