My Dog Becomes a Human - Ch. 16.9 - Short: It's Snowing! + Valentine's Day Bonus

Dex-chan lover
How often do huskies get colds? I don't own a pet and I've never really heard much about treating sick pets to begin with

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda nice to know the dogs are fully human now, I couldn't get the life span question out of my head. I just kept thinking "He's gonna die in like 10 years".

How often do huskies get colds? I don't own a pet and I've never really heard much about treating sick pets to begin with
He's not a husky anymore.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the comment, it's nice to learn that size is huge factor the poisoning
People forget that dogs can range from 2.5kg (fully grown chihuahua) all the way to 73 kg (adult mastiff).

Like with humans, poisoning is dependent on the dosage, vitality and the size of the person. And just like humans, poisoning can leave a person with life long health effects.

Dex-chan lover
Take this with a grain of salt but it's more likely for huskies to suffer from dehydration and heat stress than "colds".

In the first place, dogs don't really have colds or flu in the same way humans have colds or flu. They can have canine flu or infections which have cold like symptoms I.e sneezing, discharge, congested breathing, lethargy.

If you notice your dog is a bit sneezy and might have dog flu
1) wash everything. Wash everything. Keep environment as clean as possible.
2) keep track of symptoms and behaviour for 5 days. If the dog shows no improvement within 5-10 days, get them to a vet.
3) keep the dog hydrated with plenty of clean water. Chicken soup is also good to keep their fluid levels up.
4) let your dog rest. Evaluate the need for the walk on a daily basis, monitoring your pets energy levels.
5) consider using a dehumidifer to make it easier for your pet to breath.
6) if your pet is off their appetitite, warm up their food to make it more tempting for them to eat (so they can smell it better). They need nutrition.

Dex-chan lover
So they're fully human? Then the vet?? Did the vet vacc them with human vaccine? I remember the vet said it was easier now, maybe this??

Users who are viewing this thread