My Dog Becomes a Human - Ch. 22 - My Dog Becomes Human (Labrador)

Dex-chan lover
Yesss more female dogs and with a woman owner!! This was so cute and wholesome. Being greeted with yuri in this series was a pleasant surprise 😊

I cannot believe it, 22 chapters of a Japanese webcomic about dogs and not a single shibe in sight. Where are my shibes?

Anyway I lowkey hope the mangaka will do a chapter about baths. Dogs are so silly when it comes to bath time. Some scream bloody murder and others run for cover.

Dex-chan lover
Labradors are also known for being great swimmers. I surely wouldn't mind another chapter with a sea rescue version of a Labrador, or Golden Retriver!

Group Leader
Oh dem feels! It's also nice to see some variety as we are getting not 1 but 2 new female chars it seems!

Fed-Kun's army
It's okay, I'm not crying from particularly something just dog fur in my eyes...

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @henrybac0n
  • p3 Bred by the most suitable parents -> Bred from the most suitable parents [?]
  • p8 Retreiver -> Retriever
  • p15 If it's tied the waist, it would be here. -> ???

Thank you for this, I'll get back to the TL on the 1st and 3rd suggestions. The 2nd was just a miss from me.

Dex-chan lover
Labradors and Goldens are indeed the two "poster breeds" for guide dogs! I've also seen other breeds like German Shepherds and Poodles - any intelligent working breed can do it, but it's best that they not be too energetic. And service dogs have "off hours" where they're "on break" and get to play or chill out if they want, just like any other dog, so no need to worry, Haru-san!
Rottweilers used to be used a fair bit as well.

Dex-chan lover
I don't live that far from a guide dog training ground in my area, so I am always seeing those hard working dogs about.
Their are also loads of blind people in my area and I know from talking to them that many of them feel this way when it comes to their dogs. They often feel like they are taking the joy of being a dog away from them, by forcing them to work.
And in all honest I have never seen such a well made representation of that feeling in media before.
To be honest I had that feeling, were you feel the tears welling up in your eyes, although to be honest I have a hard time crying.
(I was taught that a man never should cry, even though I don believe it and haven't since I was 16; I still can't cry easily, even when I want to.) The last time I cried was about a year ago, when I met my new born niece for the first time.

Thanks everyone at Infrequent scans for the translation

Aggregator gang
I have to be honest about this. This manga is really quickly becoming one of my favorites. In a heartwarming way. I say this because I got my first dog when I was about 10 years old. Today I'm 30 and my job is precisely to teach guide dogs to be guide dogs. It seemed logical to get into this because I've always loved the dynamic of dogs and people and how we can use them to improve the world when they give so much of themselves to us.

This is good. Very good. And I wasn't expecting this in a manga like this. <3

Dex-chan lover
834a6e1e-18d0-4ac7-8511-19175605db10.png

Good boy Ponta demonstrates an Big Steppy here.
Each time I think this manga has peaked, the following chapter pleasantly surprises me. Simply a beautiful chapter all around.

Users who are viewing this thread