My Ex-Girlfriend Became My Boss - Ch. 2 - Am I Going To Be Silenced?

Dex-chan lover
Something good came out of you sexual assaulting her, forcing her into a relationship and then dumping her. She became hot af and icecold🤣

Supporter
How come GL manhua are so good
I think we're still at the point where it's mostly the good ones that are being picked up for translation - 90+% of what's out there is crap, we're seeing samples of the <10% of non-crap which caught someone's attention enough to get them doing a translation.

Group Leader
I think we're still at the point where it's mostly the good ones that are being picked up for translation - 90+% of what's out there is crap, we're seeing samples of the <10% of non-crap which caught someone's attention enough to get them doing a translation.
Nah I don’t think so. I also read raw and they generally are good, you’re just putting your bias. I mean the harem bs is getting more scans than the good ones so I don’t get why it wouldn’t be the case here? It’s just that the overall quality is just way better

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, and was she just bottom lyft zoned?

Supporter
Nah I don’t think so. I also read raw and they generally are good, you’re just putting your bias. I mean the harem bs is getting more scans than the good ones so I don’t get why it wouldn’t be the case here? It’s just that the overall quality is just way better
I also considered suggesting that someone writing GL in China may be pushing against some significant cultural headwinds, so it probably requires more passion for telling their stories, which tends to result in higher quality stories. Though I don't know how true that is, so I dropped it from the previous comment . . .

Tempting though the idea might be, it's not like yuri is the universal solution to crap storytelling - the general idea that 90% of everything is crap will still hold, it's more a question of when and where the crap filter applies: before people even start writing, when people are trying to publish things, when people are deciding whether to translate or not, and so on. If there's proportionately less crap around in the GL genre it just means the crap filter is getting in earlier than it does elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread