My Father Has Become a Beautiful Girl and It's a Lot of Pain - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I can hold on much longer guys...

cJQL8SD.png

Edit: Forgot to put the sauce. Kimi ni Aisarete Itakatta

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honestly as much as this manga is a great example of "what the hell is this" and "oh my god why is his dad hot"

... there's actually some really good subtext and emotional throughline. About the collapse of an identity built on an overly-rigid patriarchal edifice. And how once the house of cards falls down, one has to reinvent themselves from scratch. My dad is a baby boomer and I'd seen that very thing play out with him due to a severe injury and new lifelong disability. It was painful and emasculating for him to go through, thanks to some of his own rigid world views.

Adding literal emasculation to a metaphorical emasculation, to explore this headspace with TS is a genuinely inspired story concept. Thank you very much for translating this!

Dex-chan lover
there's actually some really good subtext and emotional throughline
Looking at the description I had a faint hope that this could use the genderswap hook to tell a meaningful story about having to reinvent yourself. Losing direction in life because of an abrupt development is definitely a hard challenge to overcome.

Dex-chan lover
Incidentally there is a genius bonus here -- the concept of a Black Swan event. Basically when a statistically extremely unexpected event happens, we need to be prepared for that kind of shake-up and able to adjust to it lest it turn our lives upside down. Dad getting fired from both his job and his gender on the same day absolutely would count as one of these.

Author-kun is cooking something for sure.

Dex-chan lover
That former executive being such a mess now makes other genderbent manga fathers, like Benjamin Springfield, look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread