My Fiancé is in Love with My Little Sister

Dex-chan lover
I like this because it's super dark and depressing haha. Not the usual villainess reincarnation story. BUT! The novel is waaaaay better, please check it out before reading the manga (imo).

I mean...if you're going to die anyway, might as well kill the piece of shit you call a husband 🙂

@Darkpetal16 incorrect:
There is a happy ending.
That said, its garbage for reasons outlined earlier in this comment thread.

@Sushobhit_kundu

Massive spoilers incoming:
No seriously these are huge. Do not read if you have any desire to read this manga or the LN.
Final Warning.
Alright, her sister is actually the daughter of a princess of a far off country. Ilya's mother is her real mother, but she's a handmaiden of said princess. Because the princess of said far off country can't marry Ilya's father for political reasons, she decided to have her fantatically loyal handmaiden marry him instead. I forget the logic for this (I think there was none). Handmaiden is forced to have a daughter even though she doesn't want one. Ilya's dad is forever in love with said princess, but loves handmaiden girl (again, Ilya's mother) in a sort of "you are a comrade in arms" kind of way. Princess, against all odds, returns to Ilya's Dad's country and secretly rendevous with him event hough they never thought they'd see eachother again. She gives birth to Ilya's sister. Ilya's sister is showered with affection because she is royalty while Ilya was a mistake that only happened because her dad didn't have a heir at the time (pre princess returning you see).

Ilya's mom actually hates Ilya just like Ilya's father hates Ilya: she's a reminder of a mistake. There is a REALLY MESSED UP SCENE later where Ilya's mom, on the verge of death, tells Ilya that she NEVER loved her. Ilya breaks pretty hard but recovers. Due to Ilya's consciousness skipping across timelines, she then manages to save said mother and in a tearful scene screams at her "DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT" even as the mother was about to say "I never loved you" .... only for Ilya to break yet again and drop that bomb in front of everyone herself "Say it mother, you never actually loved me." to which Ilya's mother does not deny. Great stuff AAA pathos ruined by the fact that Ilya gets a consolation prize ghost boyfriend (see other comments).

@Misaki2578 crow is turned into complete garbage for reasons I outlined earlier, but to quickly reiterate:
More massive spoilers. Do not read unless you know what I'm about to argue about.
Unless you are sure you'll never read the novel, do not read this spoiler, seriously:
he is consolation prize boyfriend. the entire period where the story just stops to cover his worthless past is the slowest point of the web novel. Am I supposed to feel sorry for him when he already led a happy life and is now an immortal ghost? This wouldn't nearly be as bad if it wasn't revealed that Ilya's love interest was being controlled by some mysterious extraplanar force and he actually deeply loved Ilya and struggled to try and defeat that force in order to return Ilya's love. But nah, the author shelves that in favor of consolation prize stalker ghost boyfriend. He was cool when he was an unpredictable enigma, but when it's revealed that all of his cool quotes are just him being autistic is lame in the extreme. Congrats Ilya, your unrequited love will never die, but at least you got paired with a ghost who even admits he doesn't really love you so much as love the fact that you can see him. Real winning there.

Too depressing to follow.....I tried reading the light novel but just really sad. The MC just has horrible luck.

So, I've read the novel, it's been a while tho but here's what I remember

It's not the finished yet but for now she suffered multiple multiple times, like really a lot if times. But after a lot, lot, lot if lifes, it's finally moving. She met a crow, and slowly learn something each life. It's moving slowly, but surely. The ML seems to be the crow, if I'm not wrong, but from where the novel is (was when I read the novel, cause it's been a while since I didn't read the new chapters), no real romance is envolved, so we can't say for sure. Tho, the crow tries to help her (she helped the crow on her first life even though she doesn't remember).
For the husband, from where it is she doesn't love him anymore, but we learned he also came back to life remembering his others lifes, but can't control his actions. He see himself making suffer the FL so much and wonder why he said or did that but can't do anything. Tho, I think the first life was really him ? I'm not sure for the first life but the other timelines, it's not really him, he can only see himself being a trash while he doesn't want to (he always wonder why he can't treat her better, why he can't say or do what he want, etc. He's quite piteful himself (but as I said idk if he's 100% innocent cause idk if it was really him the first timeline))
The novel is REALLY REALLY sad. It doesn't come close from the manga AT ALL, that's why I don't read it anymore (frl, it broke my heart, it's hella hella sad), so if ya want to read it I don't recommend it, especially if you're sensitive. I'm not sure if it's gonna end up good, tho as I said it's slowly moving with the apparition of the crow

@roxanneayy sorry I missed your comment. Yeah it's kinda sorta explained but also not.
massive spoilers incoming. you know the drill, but this is your final warning. No more three spoiler tags: two is enough.
fate itself is arrayed against Ilya to make her and her love interest miserable. Just as there is no timeline where Ilya is allowed to be happy, there is no time where her fiance is allowed to be happy.... except it looks like in the last loop the author wrote that both Ilya and Fiance get consolation prizes of happiness. Even though Fiance is actually in love with Ilya and is controlled against his will to outwardly express a drug addict's tier of affection for his sister, he is paired off with her while Ilya is paired off with the guy who... well he doesn't love her. Crow pities Ilya and apparently that's as good as Ilya is allowed to have. Before this happens, Crow met some sort of godlike entity (or maybe just somebody like Crow who knows more (I suspected it was Crow's dad who suffered a similar fate)) who tells Crow that fate can be broken .etc .etc
As to the "why" of that state of affairs, it hasn't been divulged yet. Want to take bets on it never being fleshed out?

@Cherriya I don't know, I think the manga better conveys pathos than the web novel. Part of the advantage is you can see Ilya's distraught face. I'm VERY, VERY interested in seeing
massive spoiler
the chapter where it is revealed Soleil has been struggling in every loop to defeat the force controlling him so that he can achieve his goal of saying he loves Ilya, especially since it looks like the author straight up dropped that plot point in favor of devoting like ten chapters to that worthless crow.

@Keepit Well, that's the thing:
She doesn't have bad luck: it's revealed that
some evil god (or maybe Fate itself) has conspired to torture her AND her fiance.

@Cherriya regarding Soleil/fianceguy, I didn't get that impression at all
Could be translation issues, but the way that chapter is written, it seems like
he's always loved her and the cosmic force conspired to shut him up. You can see this in the very first chapter of the web novel and then again llya recounts their first meeting. The hint is in how his eyes change around princess girl

Heartbreaking

How she still love him after all of that damn action. I hate her sister and her husband, I also dislike the fl, but i pity her.
Such a complicated emotion. And i think i wont be able to finish this kind of story

Soleil is the problem. Soleil is a piece of sh*t. Let's forget the little sister (whether she was bad or not doesn't matter), if Soleil didn't instigate it all, the little sister wouldn't fall in love with him.

Every single time he has a new excuse to blame the older sister, EVERY TIME. Soleil is the problem. Something goes wrong he blames her. The trust is he does it on purpose so he can blame her and use it as an excuse to get rid of her. He's the evil one that should suffer.

I want the story to change where she gives up on Soleil and instead goes for the golden haired knight. Otherwise, this story is too tragic. Soleil is the very image of toxic male.

Aggregator gang
@momosuke
Oh hell, why stop at the fiance?
I'd want to trap the parents in a room make them watch me torture the sister to death before I began work on them.

If that seems harsh once you actually read through the whole thing you'll probably think it's not enough

@millenialboomer
I agree that seeing the faces and expressions is an advantage, tho the reason why I'm saying that the sadness of the manga doesn't come close to the novel is because in the novel, they explain her feelings, they really take the time to make us understand what she's feeling
For exemple, when she dies alone. The novel really broke me, it explained so well how much she was scared and how much she suffered from dying alone, while the manga doesn't really gave a choice but to make it "quick", so it doesn't fully share those feelings, there's just one panel for that

Also, I don't really know for the husband, I mean I agree that he didn't feel that bad, so I don't think he would be this crual but they didn't say it for the first timeline, and I feel like a misunderstanding could have happened on their first life cause even though I like the FL and I really pity her, she wasn't at her best in her first life because of her childhood. She grow up with all those life, but in her first timeline, she was full of insecurity and ofc that doesn't justify at all what happened to her in that life, but on the first timeline, she did confront all the girls that approched her fiance, she behaved a little bit like a "villainess", she showed how much she "hated-loved" her sister and did smile at the thought if her sister being dead, she was relieved, which I can understand why they thought she killed her. Tho, as I said, it doesn't explain the way she was treated (and without any proof), but it does explain why they could have thought so, which js why actually for her first life I wouldn't be that surprised that the husband was himself

I want to hate this because of how much pain it gives me but I just cant seem to. Tbh I hate her sister and husband

For the reason that my depression can't take this level of sadness I'm dropping this (I've already skimmed the book and sobbed for hours).
Also I'm sorry, but for some reason I just can't give two fucks abt the fact that Soleil and her sis are controlled by fate cause I guarantee MC went through a hell of a lot more pain than they did. I hate them and nothing will change this fact

But hey if youre one of those masochists who love pain this is just the book for you

I hate this manga. And I hate the novel. It’s so f-ing sad.
There is no happy ending with this story, we literally just have to watch the MC die over and over and over again. She never gets to be happy. And to top it off to end the loop the MC commits suicide at the very end and is finally freed with the help of the crow

This was a horrible novel to make into a manga

Fed-Kun's army
Well since I've read enough spoilers... I seriously will put this on hold to wait for the last chapters. Lol

I just wanna see her rain shit on them just this once like pleaaaase. GIRL FIGHT BACK. Stop taking it in, it pisses me off. Fuck i hate her husband and her sister as much as i hate trashta and stupidshoe.

Users who are viewing this thread