My Girl

Dex-chan lover
Really sweet. Some bitterness, but resolves sweetly. Also, she is a cute little girl.
Why is there no way to leave a rating?

Man my heart could barely take it. That was so cute but so bittersweet.

Contributor
How do I explain this... Starbucks coffee with less sugar than normal

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't mind usagi drop's ending for some reason. It only appeared platonic so..

Dex-chan lover
This is a duplicate I think.

Edit: it seems like the pages were fused together ?

The one of two manga so far that managed to score above 8/10 in my book, another one is 20th century boys. Solid 9/10 from someone who rated something like Shigatsu a 6/10.

Dex-chan lover
Good read. Koharu was a little too perfect though. She never tripped, she never broke down crying. Even if a kid tries their best, they get overwhelmed and do things they end up regretting sometimes. Sweetness and Lightning handled that better.

Also I'm disappointed that we never actually see Kazama develop any feelings for Katagiri. We just assume she keeps trying and he learns to love her which sounds like torture. It's as simple as a single scene of him reminiscing about her or the light catching his eye as he looks at her. Some inkling that he can even think about other women beyond an abstraction of moving on.

Finally, no one ever acknowledges that Youko essentially planned for Kazama to never meet his daughter, and deprived Koharu of a family, even time with her grandmother, out of a twisted inferiority complex. If it was the other way around, it would be abduction.

Double-page supporter
Good thing ive been reading tons of classic stuffs that ive taken granted way back when all i ever read are echii/harem/smut shit tier mangas.

But I still believe that there aint a kid like koharu/shu for sure.

Either way its a 9/10

@Ironclad
I agree with you, at times it felt like Koharu was the author's moral projection instead of an 8 y/o girl.
I nevergoton the Katagiri train , there was no chemistry in there.
Also, i found it fucked up that she would block the father daughter relationship. But I think it is not unheard of for Japanese mothers to dissapear with their children especially when living in foreign countries.
Nice job Bro! Smart minds think alike

Dex-chan lover
a good story, I really want to punch our dad MC... but it was a great feel train... but I still don't like this guy's guts 😬

Users who are viewing this thread