My Girlfriend Is a Real Man

The description reminds me of another manga where the main character's (male) best/childhood friend turned into a girl. It happened when they were in high school, MC had blue hair and the friend had red. Then they slowly developed feelings for each other and started dating...

Does anyone remember this?? I haven’t read this one, but would like to find the one I mentioned lol. It was good T^T

@piapple I happened to think of the same title too, not 100% sure cause I dropped it halfway but sounds like Kanojo ni Naru Hi to me.

@piapple haha it’s funny how they’re pretty much the reversed plot of each other wherein here the gender-swap turns a heterosexual pairing into a homosexual one while the other turns a homosexual pairing into a heterosexual one.

Glad you found what you were looking for, I actually haven’t gotten too far with either of these but I guess I’ll check it out since you said it was good.

Honestly, it is just getting really old after so many chapters. The lack of consideration for Jieun is 10/10. He is pretty self-centered and only cares about his feelings. He does not try to understand how she must feel to have suddenly turned into guy. And then not be accepted by the love of her life anymore because of it.

I understand he is straight and all. But like could you not make everything about "I do not want to seem gay" or "she is a guy". And yet, he does not notice how weird it is to ask his male friend "Wanna try kissing me once?".

Did he really love Jieun or just her gender? Cause he knew barely anything about Jieun. Like how long were they dating before? He gives zero percent effort in their relationship even before his girlfriend turned male. He is 100%, one of those people, you meet online that ask "Are you male or female?" then proceeds to asks "Want to date?". It is so disgusting. Seriously, why does Jieun even like him?

Power Uploader
@Tsukinotaku
@drab_lightstick
Because that distinction is purely invented by Anglo-Saxon websites that call every romance between two males “shounen-ai” and also include things like Prunus Girl in it.
syounen-ai”, “yaoi” and “boy's love” all mean the same thing in the boy's love community, and the former two terms are really hardly ever used any more. Everyone calls it “boy's love” or rather just “b.l.” in practice, and on top of that it's an actual genre, not just any story about two males falling in love — Prunus Girl in the same way that Dragon Ball isn't a superhero series despite Gokuu being a hero with superpowers who saved the planet as certain stylistic elements are missing.

The supposed distinction between “shounen-ai” and “yaoi” that this website maintains is silly, and needless as there are already ”smut” and “hentai” tags. “yaoi” is simply “shounen-ai” plus “smut”, especially with “shoujo-ai” it's ridiculous — that term is an Anglo-Saxon faux Japanese coining by analogy, in Japan the term already exists, and means the practice of compensated dating with severely underage girls, and is illegal.

I like the story. It's funny and Jieun is adorable, but it also gets on my nerves a bit. First off, I really don't like how the boyfriend seems like he would be very transphobic 🙃. Extremely so. Gives me terf vibes from the way he keeps thinking about Jieun. Ignorance is not cool nor an excuse in this day and age. 🙃 Not to mention he seems extremely inconsiderate of her and really doesn't seem to care about anything about her except what she shows by caring about him. It's like he loves that she as a girl loves him and he doesn't want nor expect to have to share it or for her love to change, but he doesn't care about her much otherwise. Anywhoo, other than him the story seems pretty ok tho. The guy friend and Jieun are very likable.

This would be horrible if this happened to any guy 💀 to all you ppl calling the bf transphobic or whatever his gf literally turns into another person lmfaoo.

why is the rating so low? :(
i love this series a hell lot till the very end!! (i read the raws)

Double-page supporter
The reason for the low rating is pretty simple. There are a lot of people without manner on the Internet.

Whether the series does not have the correct tag or not. It's the fault of the person who organized the profile in the first place.

Dishing out your unreasonable rating because of this is the same as assaulting a boy for coming into a girl school because the administration did a terrible job.

Those 0 rating is the same as trolling.

This page needs a complete removal of those 0 rating.

Users who are viewing this thread