My Girlfriend Is a Villain - Ch. 28 - The End of This Recollection

Huh?

Please explain how going to a normal school triggers unpleasant memories.
The only excuse I can think of is that at a normal school, people eventually find out that he is a clan member and then start shunning him and accusing him of being a murderer, that's why he has to keep transferring schools. While at Blake Academy, he is among other clan members, so he doesn't stand out. However, that's now what the Aunt said. She just said that being at normal schools would trigger unpleasant memories.

However, being at a school full of clan members just reminds him over and over that he is also a clan member. So, being at Blake Academy is just as likely to trigger unpleasant memories.

Not to mention, his life has been put at risk at least twice just because he is at Blake Academy. Does his aunt not know the dangers he has been put through at Blake Academy? Not to mention, the entire point of the Academy is to train these kids up to be clan members, and from the shooting practice, training them up to be killers....so if he wants to distance himself from the killing, he should be as far away from there as possible. Not only that, but now that their clan is in ruin, he seems to be almost as much of an outcast at Blake Academy as he would be at a normal school, after being outed as a clan member.

So the Aunt has visibly distanced herself from his father and grandfather to keep her business from failing, although she still sends them money. Does she also have to pretend Zhang has nothing to do with her? Is he forbidden from living with her?

@ShionVaynex He may not be constantly labeled a murderer at Blake Academy, but his life is surely more at risk. There have already been 2 attempts on his life, at Blake Academy, not because of who he is, but just because he is collateral damage. His clan is basically in ruins, and no threat to anyone. So he probably would not be targeted at a normal school. At Blake Academy he is in danger of being collateral damage when hostile forces go after other students, or making friends with other, more powerful, clan members will make him a target by association.

His aunt seems rather ignorant to tell the person she seems to value above herself, that he belongs in such a dangerous environment.

Dex-chan lover
Can we just get to the main girl being his girlfriend now? Or the red-haired one? I like them both.

Group Leader
...Wall of aunt rant below. 1: Parents/relatives are not the best decision-makers. They fuck up, but sometimes with good intentions. 2: Aunt seems to be busy but heartfelt and insightful. She's explained why the rest of the family are doing as they are. 3: Yes they are essentially triggering his PTSD... but likely because they want MC to overcome his fears by gradual confrontation. Him going to public school reminds him of his peers ostracizing him and seeing male peers triggers this most recently revealed incident, and he is incapable of handling it. At Blake Academy murder is a commonplace event — he's being desensitized to being labeled a murderer. And he's surrounded by female students. It appears rather shallow, but it's reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I gotta agree with the "wtf author" comments here and the absolute nonsensical plot he decided to apply. All you need to do, stupid boy, is go to a town where no one knows you via your aunts money, and shit will be fine. But that would kill the story in 2 chapters and wrap things up nicely, so thats impossible.

@HOOfan_1 my thoughts exactly. Glad someone isnt trying to rationalize this bs excuse. Him being at a normal school would have no real effect on his trauma at all. If anything him being at Blake academy has forced him to think about those memories more. And he would by far b safer at a normal school. As you've said hes almost died twice now simply for association. Not even people going after him. This whole thing just stinks of the author trying to force a plot point of him staying at Blake academy, which if he was gonna stay anyway i would've rather the author not have him runaway in the first place. and I cant stand it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck off, what a stupid backstory. The part about feeling bad about his family was fine, but him accidentally pushing the guy off the roof was so forced it hurt. (If it was played comedically, referencing how people in movies and whatnot tend to sit at ridiculously precarious positions for no reason, it might have worked)

@Nes370 there are male students at Blake Academy too....we will see more of them in future chapters, so this has nothing to do with avoiding males students.

Also what you said about triggering bad memories is exactly the opposite of what his aunt said the purpose of keeping him out of normal schools is.

Unless the aunt is lying to him, and she really wants him to become a strong clan leader, I doubt she wants him to become comfortable with violence.

Meh, I like his thought process even if I think that "accident" was fucking retarded

My understanding is that at a normal school he has to hide that he killed a guy, but in this school he doesn't stand out for it. Which is quite possibly the dumbest reason to place him there but a lot of people have voiced their opinions on this already so i won't keep going.
My question is, would anything have been lost if we didnt have all this backstory? I was fine with him not wanting to follow in his folks footsteps and was simply foorced to do it for the sake of it

Side note: He just ran away from a hospital after he was kidnapped and saved by a girl wielding a rocket-launcher. And to be honest, i might be fine with having killed a few people at that point.

Aggregator gang
I guess that friend of his died back then. I thought they planned to do the old comedic relief sort of thing, so I wasn't expecting that 'dumb' accident to be real.

yeah that was a twist... I was too busy laughing at it when it happened. The author just has poor timing... Still waiting for the gf part to come true... I want to see how that relationship works out. So far, too much build up and drama with no substance in regards to the premise. It hasnt been a bad manga, just feels misleading at this point. 28 chap and no gf. This is one long prologue.

Keeping him at the academy make zero sense, it clearly have negative effect on him both physically and psychologically smh

Double-page supporter
>The let you go to a normal school to be a normal person.
What? Am I reading that part right? What?

Users who are viewing this thread