My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Turning Ugly

Dex-chan lover
I can relate to your feeling, a higher quality is always appreciated
I hope the other team won't take it personally though
Thank you for your work!

aoi

Not redoing the other chapters first? Unfortunate. Thanks regardless!

Eh. The emotions might’ve gotten the better of you but nonetheless nice tl. In that sense it could’ve been nice to see the earlier chapters get a tl first since they actually could do with it. Instead of skipping them since this one didn’t really need it. Take your time next time no need to rush. Both give fuller context so I don’t know if I’d call this one definitively better. I noticed the differences seem to be just kinda phrasing preference based.

Power Uploader
Eh. The emotions might’ve gotten the better of you but nonetheless nice tl. In that sense it could’ve been nice to see the earlier chapters get a tl first since they actually could do with it. Instead of skipping them since this one didn’t really need it. Take your time next time no need to rush. Both give fuller context so I don’t know if I’d call this one definitively better. I noticed the differences seem to be just kinda phrasing preference based.
Sorry, but the other person doesn't know a lick of Japanese (and even their English is dodgy) and entrusted everything to DeepL. Some native probably made a pass after that in the most recent chapter, so that the translation would make sense, but it still shows.

Since I know the language, I notice all the glaring translation errors. DeepL is bad with vague context and slang and without knowing the language, you're missing all the clues, trust DeepL, and end up with a mess. That's what I'm upset about, because this series is really good and it deserves better than that half-assed translation.

I plan to redo the other chapters, but I have other series on my plate, so it'll take some time. I just wanted to make a statement with this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Woo, nice translation! The text makes a bit more sense and has more "oomph" to it now.

Sorry, but the other person doesn't know a lick of Japanese (and even their English is dodgy) and entrusted everything to DeepL. Some native probably made a pass after that in the most recent chapter, so that the translation would make sense, but it still shows.

Since I know the language, I notice all the glaring translation errors. DeepL is bad with vague context and slang and without knowing the language, you're missing all the clues, trust DeepL, and end up with a mess. That's what I'm upset about, because this series is really good and it deserves better than that half-assed translation.

I plan to redo the other chapters, but I have other series on my plate, so it'll take some time. I just wanted to make a statement with this chapter.
Then wouldn’t it better to just contact them that? You’d get your better and preferred tl and readers would get their faster updates. Not too sure but probably just sending them “this is the correct translation” or “these are mistakes”. That would still take your time but less if you were to do it all on your own. You do say you still have to work on other series. It would probably also stop the unnecessary feuding since you’d be seeing a translation you’re satisfied with.

Good tl with a faster team, their typesetting and cleaning on their end seem pretty good by tl standards, no? So I think this combo is a reasonably strong one.

Power Uploader
Then wouldn’t it better to just contact them that? You’d get your better and preferred tl and readers would get their faster updates. Not too sure but probably just sending them “this is the correct translation” or “these are mistakes”. That would still take your time but less if you were to do it all on your own. You do say you still have to work on other series. It would probably also stop the unnecessary feuding since you’d be seeing a translation you’re satisfied with.

Good tl with a faster team, their typesetting and cleaning on their end seem pretty good by tl standards, no? So I think this combo is a reasonably strong one.
The "Yoel chanzu" person is the "translator". If I do the translation, what use are they?

I won't be proofreading a MTL translation, sorry. It's a waste of time.

My own process is: I clean and redraw, then I translate and typeset at the same time in one go. It took me 3 days to do this chapter. And it's because I'm working during the day. I'm quite fast just on my own. For me, it's a waste of time to format a text file for someone else to typeset.

Dex-chan lover
Have a seat Nanase

229.png

I meant more that since they’ve already cleaned the previous chapters

You’d be the one sending the good translation. They’d redo the typesetting and send it back to you to check your own translation quality. Not that you’d be proofreading their tl. It’d be a time saver for the work needed to clean and typeset some 10 decently long chapters that have technically already been cleaned. That way it still remains personal to you as well as it seems that way and you can work as you want on the other series. But your way is still respectable, good work.

Fed-Kun's army
The person that was originally doing the translations said that they are no longer translating this series due to them being busy. Will you take over translating this manga from now on, and since chapter 17 came out today.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Yuni is selfish and dumb but Fuuko is fucked in the head. She gets off from destroying other people relationship and torturing them. Scary and hot at same time.

Users who are viewing this thread