My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Out of Reach

Dex-chan lover
I'm just here for the dumpster fire. And I've said it multiple times, I don't like ANY of the characters in this manga and have a feeling that's the whole point of this work. 😆

If I want characters I'll root for I'll just read something else. 😁
ah yes the victim of cheating ain’t a good person because???? the only garbage in this story is Yuni and human garbage fukko

Double-page supporter
My heart hurts for Fuuko. l feel like the news she got is the beginning of her falling apart. She already seemed depressed at Yuni's rejection of her, and now this? Girl can't catch a break. She's done everything in her power to get what she wants, and she has absolutely nothing to show for it.

Dex-chan lover
Where? In this specific chapter? Those are IMHO very real problems a person at that age may have.

She is seemingly surrounded by people with drive and direction when she doesn't feel like she has any. Those are things that are depressing and overwhelming, even in your 20s, 30s, and beyond, let alone for a teenager. Add that on top of her low self-esteem, and she is just crumbling inside. This, by itself, has nothing to do with Nanase or the other girl - those are her inner demons.

I think most of this chapter's distress is caused by Nanase. She knows that Yuni was always jealous of Yuki. They've barely got back together, yet she is pulling this kind of "surprise" on her? And basically, ignores her most of the day after that? Everything Yuni did before aside, this is not a good situation she was put in. Add to that her building despondency and you have a recipe for an absolutely miserable time. If it was me, I would just excuse myself and go home.

Nanase sees that Yuni is in distress, yet chooses to continue the tour. That continues the trend (not sure if intentionally by the author) of her putting "me" over "us". It's probably not a unique opportunity, so maybe she should have gone home this time, or at least taken Yuni aside, talked it over, and asked what's up.

I'm really not sure what Nanase wants from this relationship. She should have figured out that they are an awful match by now - Nanase needs someone who has their own thing going on too, so they can meet from time to time and both will be fine with it. Yuni is not that at all - she is very codependent and craves affection. If Nanase leaves her to her own devices, she will spiral again in no time. Is it healthy? No. But she decided to be with that girl, even after all the shit, so she better put some more effort into it.

And we, as a reader, also know that Yuki is not just a "best friend". It's mostly unrelated because the characters are not aware. But we can't brush it over like she is there with no ill intentions at all.
You know like the whole cheating thing and all that? That’s why she’s a piece of shit, i get some people seem to forgive cheating very easily but if you have a spine you shouldn’t really do that

Double-page supporter
You know like the whole cheating thing and all that? That’s why she’s a piece of shit, i get some people seem to forgive cheating very easily but if you have a spine you shouldn’t really do that
There's only one thing that Yuni has done wrong this entire manga, and that's not pick Fuuko in chapter 20. She is completely and utterly justified everywhere else.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. Does anyone else see the similarities of this chapter to the one with the festival, chapter 3? A lot of Yuni struggling emotionally in the background while Nanase obliviously spends time with Yuki, ending with Yuni going off alone

Fed-Kun's army
This is bait.
To be fair, although I wouldn't say she was justified to cheat, (and I would say she should've picked Fuuko, Fuuko is just better) I can at least see WHY Yuni cheated.

Nanase definitely hasn't been that attentive throughout the relationship and it seems like she's been the only one allowed to be the priority in the relationship at most times. Fuuko on the other hand treated Yuni like the priority, something that she was clearly wanting and needing. Yuni still shouldn't have cheated, but it totally makes sense as to why she at least did it.

She's a dummy for not picking Fuuko though. Fuuko actually deserved to be picked.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes the victim of cheating ain’t a good person because???? the only garbage in this story is Yuni and human garbage fukko
That's your very black and white opinion on the matter. And youre intitled to it, doesn't mean I agree with it, which I don't.

Also the whole victim thing, sure, but she did neglect her extremely needy girlfriend. Doesn't make it right, but it's understandable. Making Nanase out to be the only victim here is a bit over simplified. Hence again why I find all these characters to not be nice/fun 😁

Dex-chan lover
i love reading the comments on this series, the salt and defenders, they're sometimes more entertaining than the chapter
That's one of the joys of reading this here on mangadex forums. I've also said that in multiple post on other manga's. 😆 Though sometimes people get upset if you say that. I lust love how passionate people get by fiction. 👍

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, although I wouldn't say she was justified to cheat, (and I would say she should've picked Fuuko, Fuuko is just better) I can at least see WHY Yuni cheated.

Nanase definitely hasn't been that attentive throughout the relationship and it seems like she's been the only one allowed to be the priority in the relationship at most times. Fuuko on the other hand treated Yuni like the priority, something that she was clearly wanting and needing. Yuni still shouldn't have cheated, but it totally makes sense as to why she at least did it.

She's a dummy for not picking Fuuko though. Fuuko actually deserved to be picked.
Yuni puts in absolutely zero effort into this relationship, expects Nanase to be the ideal girlfriend SHE pictures her to be, and cheats when it isn't so.

Yuni is honestly the absolute worst.

Dex-chan lover
Yuni puts in absolutely zero effort into this relationship, expects Nanase to be the ideal girlfriend SHE pictures her to be, and cheats when it isn't so.

Yuni is honestly the absolute worst.
Really? No effort? Dressing up in a nice Yukata for what was suppossd to be their festival date, being overly understanding with Nanase spending very little time with her and when we did see them together it was in a group setting where she was essentially ignored or Nanase spent the time talking about herself/volleyball, and she went to a different city despite not having the means for it solely because Nanase asked her to.

You can dislike Yuni, but she definitely put more effort into the relationship than Nanase ever did

Dex-chan lover
Yuni apologist are out in full force again i see. Your fav is a cheating attention whore. There is no other way to describe her. "Oh but teengers am i rite?" No, there are a lot of young people out there with very solid heads on their shoulders. This is not an excuse for shit behaviour (and she even took it one step further and made out with Fuuko right in front of Nanase as well)

Users who are viewing this thread