My Hero!

actually very cute and promising. too bad it's only 8 chapters. currently at chapter 2 (since the next chapters are gonna come out in 3 days), i hope that this won't disappoint.

The art style's nice, but the story really isn't that great and (for the most part) is rather predictable. It doesn't help that the translation available has a lot of proof-reading mistakes that make the whole thing feel more awkward than it already is. The love rival segment of the story felt really forced and doesn't really add anything (if you took it out the story itself would still be the same).
I would have liked if there was a chapter after what the actual ending is; anything besides the sports festival would have probably worked better for the ending.

If you're looking for a better shoujo manga, give Ore Monogatari a try!

While admittedly it's a simple, sort of cookie-cutter storyline I still enjoyed it. It's a good, quick read on a lazy afternoon. This manga gives me a heartwarming feeling while reading. It's so sweet, and all the aggravating shoujo cliches don't bother me. While it's short, it helps that they don't drag the obstacles on. Although I do wish we could've seen more beyond the last chapter. Like an epilogue.
Irregardless, I think the best part has to be Yutarou, a refreshing breath of fresh air in terms of shoujo love interests. Sometimes I get tired of all those douchey cool guys. But I can't find much to dislike in this guy, he's an adorable character.

My Hero is a short 2 volume story about a forward boy and a somewhat shy girl. The boy confesses but she rejects but slowly but surely falls in love with the boy who doesn't stop.

This series would've been great if it only was a one shot tbh. The chapters were basically the author using tropes like, sleeping or not really understanding what someone says so the other person doesn't understand they confessed. Its a bad trope and does bring the series but its also short so its not like a major effect.

The love rival addition though. That was pointless. like literally just random extension put in. At least the author used a previous character rather than create new one so he had minimal depth.

Cute moments alone however isn't enough for me to recommend this series. but it is good enough for me to smile from time to time. 5/10

Users who are viewing this thread