My Home Hero - Vol. 10 Ch. 83 - Fated Encounter

All of this could've been avoided if his 18+ year old cumshot decided to investigate about what kind of person their potential boyfriend was before diving in headfirst.

In other news, I can't believe he "worked" 17 hours a day and had ample time to do whatever. Dedication in job hunting did him a favor. Bruh, swap lives with me now.

Fed-Kun's army
And now everyone realizes why Reika is so dense, she's just like Kasen when she was younger. I love this manga

Fed-Kun's army
I like how in every situation people just rag on Reika even though none of this is technically her fault.

Dex-chan lover
@Tersione - yes, please! I'd want it start from Kasen's POV, because it'd first look like some sort of period drama.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. No wonder Kasen was so keen on protecting Reika and Tetsuo. They literally saved her. Fuck me the story is getting better. Hope we have an arc showing how Tetsuo helped Kasen.

Dex-chan lover
@Ryomi @IShallReadTheHeavens She's just a teenage girl and that fuckboi intentionally flattered her because that was his job. I don't think we can really blame her for dumb decisions since she didn't have any clear reason to suspect the bastard.

As for believing the "stalker stuff" and "4 people are crushing on me", just the mindset of a regular high school girl fed romcoms and shojo novels. Compared to her parents who literally went through the plot of a mystery novel before having Reika; sure, she's really naive — but that's pretty typical for her age.

@Goyal99Raj I'm using basic logic when it comes to relationships, and specifically mentioning chapter 1, where Nobuto, the son of the guy deep into the Syndicate, kickstarted this whole story. The guy looks like an overt asshole, talks like an overt asshole, acts like an overt asshole, hangs out with overt assholes, and beats the shit out of her like an overt asshole. If he's a fuckboi to you, I'd say your brain is fucked too. What iota of brainpower did she have to decide keeping a boyfriend like him is good, when he is mentioned to be constantly drunk? Why did she reject her worrying father? She was raised to be much better.

Dex-chan lover
@IShallReadTheHeavens "fuckboi" is the term used by @Ryomi, so I was just copying that.

Went back and re-read the first two chapters. Nobuto was Reika's first boyfriend and most likely the first person to pay romantic attention to her. Once they got in a relationship, she noticed he was belligerent when drunk, but didn't want to break up with her first love. Then he hit her and the day afterwards her dad told her that he said "I'm gonna kill that bitch Reika". Almost immediately after learning he said that, Reika decided to break up with him albeit while crying over losing her first love.

Did she mess up when judging the character of a handsome older guy flattering her? Yes. Did she stay in a verbally-abusive relationship for weeks? Also yes. But after he hit her and made a death threat, she decides to break up with him almost immediately (although she doesn't know he's already dead at that point). Considering most domestic abuse goes on for years, Reika did a pretty good job getting out as soon as she did (with the emotional support of her mom). Shame that she didn't realize earlier, but honestly she's the victim here. Besides, even if she got out sooner, the Yakuza would've still kept coming after her for her grandparents' inheritance.

All that being said, she's pretty unlikeable given her naivety in a mystery/thriller manga. And of course she's always gonna fall short compared to her incredible parents who've already been through this shit before with the mountains cult. It doesn't bother me too much though — makes perfect sense that a high school freshman would act this way.

Users who are viewing this thread