My ID Is Gangnam Beauty - Ch. 62 - Concern

Ugh, I hate when authors give their antagonists sad backstories, like girl, I don’t wanna sympathize with that b, stop tryna make me feel sorry for her. It’s not gonna work. I’m never gonna feel sor-

Aw that last panel, poor Sooah.

(Jokes aside, this route was expected, but I don’t feel like feeling sorry for that b.)

Aggregator gang
bullying in korean schools is no joke. a lot of bullies (iljin) end up debuting as innocent idols.

@saenahonce usually most of the bullies have some bad stories at the back end triggering such behavior. most people bullied at school or as a child at home, later in life if they get the power, tend to repeat the behavior and become the bully or harasser. :(
but still not for us to excuse her or pity her... she needs professional help.

I hope the author doesn't think that by giving her a sad backstory it suddenly makes her a completely redeemable character, whilst it might make her slightly more sympathetic, it doesn't make her actions justifiable.

nope not buying it, in some other chapters Sooah was shown happy and praised by her classmates how beautiful she is, and all the guys crushing on her. she became a bully because she was praised too much, and she became arrogant, and she thinks she's the only one who deserves everything she wants. she's a nasty bitch, i don't care about her sob story.

Fed-Kun's army
Idk why the author decided "NOW" was the time ton introduce her backstory.. No matter how tragic it is... If this was done earlier I think most of us would be able to sympathize with her. Either way becoming a bully because you got bullied is pretty stupid.

jak

Contributor
Soo-ah's playing the victim now, but she's been a too faced bitch the entire time.

More chapters pls?!? Thank you so much!!! So excited to see and read the next chapter (≧∇≦)/

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much what everyone else said. And you know, I know people "tend" to become abusers when they were abused as children and all that . . . but it's just that, a tendency, just like people "tend" to become lickspittle collaborators and sell people out when they're living in a dictatorship. Lots of people do not react to bad situations by passing on the bad in turn. Take for instance our heroine. And for that matter, lots of people act like jerks because they're spoiled, not because they were traumatized--or, just because they're jerks.
And I find this kind of canned. Just not really buying it; even though I was half expecting it, the story doesn't foreshadow it at all, and while there are some kinds of bad behaviour that tend to stem from abuse, I don't know that her style of action is really one of them. This is the problem when stories are told by people who are too nice--they can't bear to have anyone simply have a bad personality, simply be in the wrong. But while one-dimensional villains are kind of unrealistic (except Mohammed bin Salman maybe), nobody ever being a creep except as a result of trauma is even more unrealistic.

Dex-chan lover
Well, maybe I'm one of those people who are too nice to believe people just start acting cruel out of nowhere (and I know it can still happen sometimes) but I don't really dislike villains' backstories, at least not more than the ones for those horrible characters we are supposed to like because they're hot and yeah, they're abusive towards other characters, but they had a dark childhood after all. Yes, Sooah is despicable, and we aren't really supposed to like her, but there have been many hints about how she cares about her beauty much more than it seems. This manga has handled the psychological aspect pretty well for now, so I'll be waiting for the future chapters before judging this arc.

Sure, Sooah may have been bullied, but it's not like Mirae wasn't!! In fact, Mirae was probably treated worse, but look how different they are. She didn't have to become a bully just because she was bullied, again, especially because Mirae didn't. So yeah, I agree, her "tragic" backstory doesn't excuse her behavior now.

ugh......who gives a whack. Just because one has suffered in the past doesn't give them the right to abuse others. What you do and your actions are still your own. JFC can someone just tell me when the fking sooah arc is finished. i want to jus read fluffy kyungsuk and mirae dating

WHO GIVES A FK U AINT THE MC SOOAH GET OUT
EDIT: OMHG NEVERMIND THE COMMENT ABOVE ME WTF

Dex-chan lover
lmfao u silly author i give give zero fucks about how sad of a sob story that dam bitch has. She just needs a dick like any other crazy bitch ?

Aggregator gang
Gosh, you don't have to forgive anyone after reading their backstory. It deepens the character, that's all.

Aggregator gang
"You think this is a drama or something?"
Yes! That's exactly what I think!

Users who are viewing this thread