My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Day After

You could probably find this at a Kinokuniya, think I saw it at the Seattle store once, here are their locations:
https://usa.kinokuniya.com/stores-kinokuniya

I LOVE how she discusses the impact yaoi has on her understanding of sex and relationships as a queer.

Most works in the Yaoi genre won't teach you how healthy relationships work. This goes for gay girls, boys, non-binary folks, and even straight people. It's straight-up fantasy and wish-fulfillment (save for VEEEEERRRY few mangaka who are actually capable of delivering realistic relationships)

Dex-chan lover
I LOVE how she discusses the impact yaoi has on her understanding of sex and relationships as a queer.

Most works in the Yaoi genre won't teach you how healthy relationships work. This goes for gay girls, boys, non-binary folks, and even straight people. It's straight-up fantasy and wish-fulfillment (save for VEEEEERRRY few mangaka who are actually capable of delivering realistic relationships)
The Yaoi genre is, at best, a sex fest with deeper discussion about sexuality as a background.

Living in a world where there is no hope in sight, it is understandable to just cut to the chase and give up, still it is nice that the author was able to find their hope, for those of us who are still searching for it, there is always the present to make that life changing decision.

Dex-chan lover
i felt really represented while reading this. probably the most realistic gl manga there is.

Users who are viewing this thread