My Life as an Internet Novel - Ch. 65

The german suplex in this chap was funnier than i thought it'd be πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I'm thankful to all her friends for looking out for her even though she tried to protect them too
This is a good one to read :)
Thank you for the chapter

@KayleneP @MayoNess
Yeah, I've heard so many different versions of the ending that I feel like a lot of the details get lost in the game of telephone. But the reason I don't think it's a tragic ending is because from what I know, even though the 4HKs and Yeoryeong have their memories of her wiped, Dani manages to befriend them all again. A lot of other stuff happens in-between, but in the end, even though Jiho is the only one who really remembers Dani, they're all still friends and hang out together even in college. I feel like people often leave this bit out and just think "they all forget Dani except Jiho" with an implication that they'll never be friends again.

There's some other stuff I've read about the ending but I'm tentative on those details since I can't confirm them to be true.

@Offlies
But Jiho did confess. In middle school. Remember how he said Dani's been confessed to before? That was him. But Dani gave him a bizarre and completely unpredictable response. Not even a proper rejection. He literally had to tell Dani that his confession was a joke because she was about to run off to the hospital (I'm not gonna go into details since it'll be covered in the manhwa soon; plus it's more fun that way). Maybe worst of all was that Dani looked scared and distressed after Jiho confessed and that broke his heart. I honestly don't blame him for not confessing to her again after that. Seriously, despite how ludicrously hilarious Dani's response was, I've never felt so much pity for a character confessing to another in all my years of reading manga than I did in that moment for Jiho. Even though he didn't even get formally rejected. Poor guy.

And it's not necessarily that he can't express himself. Jiho's actually pretty good at that when he wants to be sincere (Dani's denseness notwithstanding). It's more that he's hesitant to act on his feelings. There's an important arc that delves into why Jiho's like this and it has everything to do with how he was raised. I don't want to give away all the details since I think it's better for people to experience it for themselves, but honestly, Jiho is one character I could talk someone's ear off about. He definitely hurts me the most out of all Dani's suitors and it's not even close because despite how he tries to be subtle about it, Jiho comes off as both the most desperately in love with her and the one who suffers the most because of it. Not to undermine or discredit Dani's other suitors, but Jiho definitely hits different.

@MayoNess
Lol why is it sad. I guess I can't understand why people think it's a tragic ending JUST because they lost their memories of Dani. It's not like they forget about her and completely move on with their lives without ever becoming friends again by series' end.

It's implied that even though they don't remember their time with her, part of what they felt for her still remains, even if they can't explain why. Sure, they might not remember all the years they spent with her as friends but Dani is still by their side and that's the biggest reassurance for her. They can still make new memories together.

In the epilogue, Dani even tells them their memories might come back very slowly in the future. So I find all this talk about the ending being a tragedy to be nonsense.

@sardonic
Thanks for your rundown on Jiho's character. I did read some spoilers about his confession, and I felt bad for him there, but I've always felt something lacking from him, as a male lead. Maybe because a lot of the details haven't been shown in the manhwa yet.

@SugarArirang
That's just scratching the surface, really. I left out a lot of details - don't wanna ruin all the fun, after all. He's mostly a closed book so you won't fully "get" Jiho until that arc I mentioned. I think Jiho gets overlooked because he's built up more subtly at the beginning but reading the novel, I can see why he's the male lead.

@sardonic
Oh I looked into the raws, up until 77, and I'm starting to feel for him now. There's a lot more Jiho in the next chapters. The next two will be about the video and then after that's the retreat arc. There's already the scene with Chunyoung in the balcony (though I read this already in the spoiler forums so I didn't MTL much anymore) and my heart hurt for Jiho. Poor guy.

@sardonic

Was browsing through the comments. When was it mentioned that Dani had been confessed to in middle school?

@LAPHl Chapter 45. They didn't actually say it was in middle school
but yes, it happened in middle school.

Users who are viewing this thread