My Life as an Internet Novel - Ch. 87

OHOHOHOHOH B A C K S T O R Y ????
Thank you for translating!

@BimBim85

The reason why @mldyx asked about the Lee Ruda not being happy thing is because
he wants Ham Dan-I to be as isolated as possible so that he could be her shining light, its kinda weird that the manhwa hasnt made subtle cues about it

@perxeus I think Jooin and Ruda won't be hurt by having that conversation cut short because the chapter ended with them talking so they'll get the chance to show what they're like here (and the conversatiom might be brought up here instead) but it kind of robbed Jiho of some subtle characterization.

@blazing_daze This is 100% intentional. Dani's deliberately set up to be passive at the beginning so that she can develop from it. It's part of her character arc.

@sardonic
its 87 chapters its not the "beginning of the story anymore" in, she should /not/ still be figuring out how to protect herself lol.

Typical this is how old shoujo manga works anyway, female mc gets protected by everyone without doing anything after she has captured their hearts- doesn't change that Dani-I is passive and dependent as hell.

@blazing_daze Except it very much still is the beginning because this story is long as fuck. It's adapted from a novel series that's 15 volumes long and this is still in volume 3. Literally not even 1/5 of the way through the story. The whole thing is meant to be a slow burn right down to the character development.

@sardonic
im not sure why you can't tell the difference between a book and a comic but comics have words & pictures/and books are only made of words.
It doesn't matter what the story is based on, adaptation are different that's why it's an adaptation. By design adaptation change things from the original source. It's a tad pitiable that so many manga fan's can't tell the difference between an adaptation even though ever form of popular media does this in the modern area. For "example" Disney's Cinderella' is different from the Cinderella folklore which is different from the original oral story telling. That the same reason by DC superhero's in movies are different from the way the happen in Dc comics as well and numerous other forms of media.
Comic's are *not* movies, tv shows are * not* novels etc; so what ever happens in the original doesn't matter since this is a stand alone story not a continuation of one in a different media.
So my point stands.

Also , basic media studies take into account tropes* and literacy devices *sigh* which is what I mentioned before. This sort of literacy comprehension requires a person to my more knowledgeable than getting stunted at an inability to tell different media apart and look at class based examples.

Ohhhhhhh, get that two faced b****. Hehehehe. Its really funny that Dan-i still think Ruda is a girl hahaha

@blazing_daze You picked a very poor example to compare this to.

Superhero films like the Marvel and DC movies try and capture the essence of the characters and basic narrative ideas and use them as the base of their adaptations, but they aren't trying to make literal 1-to-1 adaptations of the source material. They also often borrow bits and pieces of the character from different arcs across multiple stories they've been in and condense or distill them into their film iteration, essentially creating a sort-of composite character that reflects different aspects of that single character across the multiple stories in the comics (often written by different writers). It's the quality and execution of the story, and faithfulness to the essence of the character(s) that make an adaptation good, not necessarily completely following the plot/events in the source material to a T.

This manhwa isn't taking the Marvel Studios approach in adaptations. I read the novel. The manhwa is essentially a perfect 1-to-1 adaptation of the novel thus far. It trims some of the fat but every arc has been covered faithfully and in the same order as the events of the novel up to this point. The only difference is the medium being used to tell the story. For all intents and purposes, this is still the beginning of the story and Dani and all her friends will get their development. The story is just slower paced than most because it's so much longer than many of its contemporaries in the genre.

@Chiakoi I understand why @mldyx was questioning it. So far the story has shown that while he might want to play prince charming and sweep her away, he also seems to actively work against doing so in a way that would cause her harm in the short or long -term. Due to that, even if this subplot ended up with her falling into his arms, he would not be happy or find pleasure in the fact that she or her reputation was harmed in the process.

my baby,,,, hes so smart nd intellegent and give big baby energy i m gnna do anythung for him

So I've been wondering Who is the ML?
Is it Ruda or someone from the four hevenly king??

Of course ju-in's a genius, did you forget this was a webtoon? But at lest he's freaked out by it 😂

@BimBim85 @Chiakoi um actually that WHAT part was me not understanding some comments saying Ruda's happy for this crap happening to Dan-I when he's literally just staring and thinking on the panels he has been in the past chapters.

Dan-I knows how this world works, it's unlikely she'll be so easily manipulated by RuDa i mean when she knew RuDa have this complicated background story and sh*t she wanted nothing to do with it +the fact that she still thinks RuDa's a FemMC of a novel too lmao

Users who are viewing this thread