My Master Has No Tail - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - 遊山船 / Pleasure Boat

Dex-chan lover
as i expect, the joke is too hard to translate.
still good though, good job tl

Dex-chan lover
I have been waiting for this thing to be translated by someone. Atleast one chapter even if it was not perfectly translated. Thank you very much translator!

Supporter
Ah, rakugo. One of the few olden oral storytelling styles that has survived to this day.

I stumbled upon this manga because of an animated video on youtube. Hope this keeps getting translated.

I found this manga because of a video on YouTube too! Bookmarked this because I wanted to save it to check up on it later, so happy to see it translated. The rakugo itself wasn't translated though, right? Any plans for that later?

Dex-chan lover
Is it just for me that the entire Rakugo story (or 95% of it at least) is left untranslated?

@Simpleton
Not just you, just one page of the story is translated for me too... And admittedly that one page isn't that well translated. Tho translating rakugo (or anything heavily reliant on oral style) can be challenging without some creative writing ability.

Still, hoping a full translation happens at some point.

Aggregator gang
Are there any translations of that rakugo story on the net? Or was it an original made by the mangaka?

@Filuth it's a regular rakugo story, but there are barely any translations for rakugo anywhere. There's someone on Youtube called Kaishi Katsura who did some stories in English but I feel like his need to explain Japanese words and how he seems to not be fluent in English makes it lose a lot of the fun.

Dex-chan lover
Finally another character with Kind of mine my name.
This manga should be very popular to had an animated pv

Dex-chan lover
Man, Taisho Japanese people are brutal. One random mob character lady straight up smacked Mameko for speaking at the rakugo theater.

Also, thank you for translating this! I saw the animated clips on Twitter, and they were so cute and wanted more of this series!

Users who are viewing this thread