My Mom's a Superstar - Ch. 32 - Special Chapter: New Year's

Dex-chan lover
hIVMeAM.png

I get you Xiao Youzi, I get you 😍

I really need more of this series. Weekly releases, please.

Dex-chan lover
We were so close to meaningful progress a few chapters ago and now it's just product placement...

I'd really like to see this comic not end up spinning its wheels but it's harder and harder not to feel like that's what's gonna end up happening. How many of these sponsored chapters are there?

Dex-chan lover
I loved this story, but at this point I would've rather had more Linyao. This isn't going anywhere, and it will continue to go nowhere for the foreseeable future. The past chapters were excellent, but the story hasn't progressed even a little in the present timeframe.

Group Leader
If I can hazard a guess, the recent sponsored chapters are just something to bridge the gap until shiyier finishes university arc part 2

she's mentioned that it was at the panelling stage some time ago

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

even the product placement ads are great in this series how do they do it

How old are the Mom and her colleagues?
How many years has past since they have been reunited? 8 or 10 years?

Dex-chan lover
some people here be bitching about fun little ad extras like the entire series isn't being published for completely free on the artist's weibo and as if bills are suddenly paying themselves for it...small ads like these are the reason we even get to enjoy series made like this and as far as this series is concerned these ads are still full of sweet character moments - especially between Youzi and Youji

Dex-chan lover
I am seriously wondering who actually is the target that will pay attention to the product placement in their webtoon ?
Like why would a fictional character know about how great a skincare product ?
I get it it is to put your brand name in the mind of the reader but how many people even bother to read the name of the product ?

Dex-chan lover
I am seriously wondering who actually is the target that will pay attention to the product placement in their webtoon ?
I get it it is to put your brand name in the mind of the reader but how many people even bother to read the name of the product ?
I can't answer you that, but how many people do read brand names on any ads no matter where they are really? People who are curious will look stuff up people who aren't won't that how ads work these days ^^" But fact is that with all of the ad blockers and video on demand stuff people are more likely to read webcomics and your brandname there than ever ^_^

Using fictional characters for ads is quite common in both Japan and China and not a new thing - be it through webtoons/webcomics or even actual television or theater commercials and even promotional posters on the streets and billboards - one of the most famous things to exist are the Louis Vitton commercial using Lightning from FFXIII as a model, there's also a lot of restaurants or even car brands that have collabs with anime production studios or gaming studios (take for example Genshin Impact) and run commercials and ad both on TV and Youtube.

There are also for example a lot One Piece commercial (mini episodes) featuring famous brands like Nissin, KFC, Fanta, Nissan, Cine mike pop corn, XFit.

People were/will be standing in line to get the goodies and order especially the food related stuff.

(Mosspaca Advertising Department is a manga here in which the artist's Moss, Old Xian, Tan Jiu (坛九) talk about there experience making these small ad comics. )

Group Leader
the brand name and product is advertised at the end of the original comic, we just removed it cause we weren't gonna get any ad revenue :p

Dex-chan lover
I mean I really like this series and I'm not really complaining about those ads if it helps the artist but goddamn can we have a legit progress?

Users who are viewing this thread