My New Friend Wasn't What I Expected - Ch. 24 - A Friend Who Can't Be Honest

Dex-chan lover
If you can't read Japanese but want to contribute to a series you're probably better off learning to typeset or clean up raws and volunteering your time to an existing group. Both of those skills are much easier to pick up and are always needed.
And none of what you just said would make any sense, given the OP was specifically interested in this (seemingly) dropped series, not in translation work in general.

Dex-chan lover
And none of what you just said would make any sense, given the OP was specifically interested in this (seemingly) dropped series, not in translation work in general.
I thought I'd be diplomatic by leaving out the part where I suggest that once they join a community and learn how to do things properly they might be able to come back with the help of an actual translator. As opposed to uploading an MTL using fucked up raws with mspaint typesetting.

Dex-chan lover
those criticizing the TL for the quality, did any of you try to pick up the series and post here? nope! TL did their best and even mentioned it beforehand and is aware. I for one am grateful for their effort so kudos to the TL and thank you for posting the continuation of this sweet story!

If you google things like 'typesetting guide' you can find advice and tips from people. Things about nice fonts and stuff that might make this better on the eyes. Other than that, the grammar seems good and I don't see spelling mistakes, so that's nice and makes it readable at least. Not sure if you need the ellipsis and tilde, but that just might be my preference.

What did you do to the pages to make them so crusty compared to the raws?
I really didn't expect the image quality to be that bad, so I apologize
The reason as to why is because I didn't use proper software - Google slides is the only thing I can use aside from my phone, which would have had better quality, but it would also be very finicky to work with , so I went with the easier route, which would make the quality bad and make people reasonably angry
(I'm not going to reply to everyone who said the image quality is bad, but just know, this is the answer to everyone)

If you can't read Japanese but want to contribute to a series you're probably better off learning to typeset or clean up raws and volunteering your time to an existing group. Both of those skills are much easier to pick up and are always needed.
As just said, I have no software, and as Idefirka said as well, I'm not particularly interested in anything else right now, it's appealing but I know I'd probably flake so it would be better to not cause any unnecessary pain

quite a few things to improve but honestly not too bad for mtl
if you want a couple simple tips to make this a little better, you can contact me on discord, id be happy to help you!
discord: _invicta
Thank you very much for your kind offer, but since What's Typesetting? picked it up, I don't plan on continuing, so I'll decline
Once again thank you very much, if they didn't post I'm sure I'd rely on you

If you google things like 'typesetting guide' you can find advice and tips from people. Things about nice fonts and stuff that might make this better on the eyes. Other than that, the grammar seems good and I don't see spelling mistakes, so that's nice and makes it readable at least. Not sure if you need the ellipsis and tilde, but that just might be my preference.
Thank you for the advice, I'll try and practice whatever I find there, so if I do attempt another series it'll be much better than this

I'm going to leave this series to What's Typesetting?
However, I'd like to ask if I can post Chapter 25, to see if it's quality is noticeably fixed so I don't repeat this quality mistake again if I ever try another series
(Chapter 25 is completed, so just say the word if it's alright to)

Dex-chan lover
@RaccoonKun
I'll be honest with you, mtl as a whole is garbage 99.9% of the time, with the people who do it almost always being assholes who think they're on the same level of real translators, only reason you can't be included is because you're being honest and gracious about it, and I'm assuming, doing this to attract attention to the series so someone else would take it.

Since you admittedly don't know any Japanese at all then don't do mtl, learn the other things related to scanlation, cleaning, typesetting, redrawing and so on, there's always lack of people for those areas too, with some series even being translated in /u/ but nobody to actually edit the chapters.

There's a section in the forum that is all about scanlation, with tutorials, discussions and so on, there's plenty of people who will readily help and guide you there, so by learning those things you absolutely can help with more yuri getting consistent releases.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to leave this series to What's Typesetting?
However, I'd like to ask if I can post Chapter 25, to see if it's quality is noticeably fixed so I don't repeat this quality mistake again if I ever try another series
(Chapter 25 is completed, so just say the word if it's alright to)
I honestly don't see why anyone would have issues with you uploading chapter 25.

I'll be honest with you, mtl as a whole is garbage 99.9% of the time, with the people who do it almost always being assholes who think they're on the same level of real translators, only reason you can't be included is because you're being honest and gracious about it, and I'm assuming, doing this to attract attention to the series so someone else would take it.

Since you admittedly don't know any Japanese at all then don't do mtl, learn the other things related to scanlation, cleaning, typesetting, redrawing and so on, there's always lack of people for those areas too, with some series even being translated in /u/ but nobody to actually edit the chapters.

There's a section in the forum that is all about scanlation, with tutorials, discussions and so on, there's plenty of people who will readily help and guide you there, so by learning those things you absolutely can help with more yuri getting consistent releases.
Ah, then I'll start looking, though honestly I don't plan on continuing, I just really like this series in particular and am aware that the raws are about 10 chapters ahead
Thank you very much for the answer, and I hope you have a great day (or night)

I honestly don't see why anyone would have issues with you uploading chapter 25.
Then I'll upload it now, or at least very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread