My New Friend Wasn't What I Expected - Ch. 27 - Even though I was the only one who knew

Dex-chan lover
I always felt that forcing the other girl to look "cute" felt like typical "I can fix her" behavior, which is arguably toxic as fuck unless the person really has a flaw to be fixed, good thing the story went with Hina realizing she's wrong into forcing Yuzu to dress like that.

Of course they can always do it in private for fun, though I don't think Yuzu would stay dressed for long :finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
I always felt that forcing the other girl to look "cute" felt like typical "I can fix her" behavior, which is arguably toxic as fuck unless the person really has a flaw to be fixed, good thing the story went with Hina realizing she's wrong into forcing Yuzu to dress like that.

Of course they can always do it in private for fun, though I don't think Yuzu would stay dressed for long :finnawoke:
Worst trope ever ngl

Dex-chan lover
Worst trope ever ngl
For real, it's almost always about girl trying to fix a "bad guy" love interest, worst part is that half the time it fucking works, which gives some pretty terrible idea of love to young girls

I don't think the trope in itself is bad as long as the person wants to change, but that version is rare as fuck.

I feel that one issue with yuri is that it feels sexist as fuck, since it's about one girl trying to make the other "cute", especially because Yuzu is literally unironically perfect as she is :wtf:

Dex-chan lover
That's great, Yuzu kept being uncomfortable and we didn't get some Cinderella cliche! The suffering is worth it.
God one of the worst of those cliches is when they drop the glasses, the whole point is with her being a glasses girl! :shamihuh:

As they say, it's a feature, not a bug

Dex-chan lover
Let me make this meaningless bet before turning page to next chapter: Hina make Yuzu a cool attire like she always wears for her overnight, and then wear these cute dress her self (probably because Yuzu wants her to) and they will be shipped by the whole school.

Users who are viewing this thread