My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile - Vol. 7 Ch. 74 - My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile

Dex-chan lover
Well you know what they say: "it's about the journey not the destination". I agree that they could've shown more but unfortunately most romantic mangas prefer the journey instead of the destination if you know what I mean.
I don’t consider most of that journey “romance” which is why it’s always so frustrating. I have advocated for a whole new tag. Something like “Budding Feelings” or “Young Adult Romance” to indicate there isn’t actually anything like romance until the very very end.

Realizing you have feelings for a person is like the first 5% of the journey but somehow it’s treated like 100%. And you don’t know from the outset that’s the end goal the author has in mind.

I keep dedicating fucking years reading these, hoping and hoping only for nothing to come at the end. They Hint that maybe something romantic is going to happen, but I will never see it. It’s just so frustrating.

Dex-chan lover
I too love (not) when the manga finishes as soon as the actual romance starts.

What a journey this one has been.

Fed-Kun's army
Clap clap clap clap 👏
This was great. @Jackist is correct, theres so much wasted potential with this time skip, but I am still q happy with the silly story we got. Im generally not a fan of simple misconceptions being the sole force that moves the story along, but i laughed a lot. Thank you for translating this!

Banned
I remember this being so cute, i stopped somewhere around chapter 14ish. I will enjoy binging this today. Thank you for your hard work until now!

Damn, so this story ended too. I will look forward to your next work sensei. Also thank you for translating this TL.

Dex-chan lover
Soujirou and Chiyo sure did raise a fine kid! Kiyozaku, despite his small size, is a force to be reckoned with! But he's also a gentle soul who protects others!

I'm glad that Soujirou and Chiyo were able to express their feelings so well to each other!

Thank you for all the scanlations, @Keppan and Senpai Scans! Thank you too other scanlated! As a fan of "A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman as a Woman", I was quite excited for this story. Seeing this end really made me smile!

Dex-chan lover
I don’t consider most of that journey “romance” which is why it’s always so frustrating. I have advocated for a whole new tag. Something like “Budding Feelings” or “Young Adult Romance” to indicate there isn’t actually anything like romance until the very very end.

Realizing you have feelings for a person is like the first 5% of the journey but somehow it’s treated like 100%. And you don’t know from the outset that’s the end goal the author has in mind.

I keep dedicating fucking years reading these, hoping and hoping only for nothing to come at the end. They Hint that maybe something romantic is going to happen, but I will never see it. It’s just so frustrating.
Tbh I don't agree. In a relationship like this other than maybe their day to day lives. There isn't really much need to delve any further than necessary. A good relationship is one that is effortless. And seeing as they finally got over their communication issue fixed there are no issues I can see that will show that they'll have problems. Unless you wanna dumb add drama to the mix.

So no I'm one of those people that thinks the journey and destination don't matter so long as the people getting together have good chemistry and show that their relationship won't be dysfunction. Clearly these two love each other dearly and that's shown through the entire series. Showing more of them after the fact just seems unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread