My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile - Vol. 7 Ch. 74 - My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile

Dex-chan lover
They finally realized their feelings last chapter…. And the series instantly ends and of course…. We get a TIME SKIP.

I want to cry guys. Why are actual romance stories so hard to do? Why do almost all of them end when the actual romance starts?

It’s so frustrating that it’s the norm to just time skip past the good parts. There was easily dozens of chapters that could show the actual romance we got in the second last chapter but for whatever weird reason, we have to skip it.
Well you know what they say: "it's about the journey not the destination". I agree that they could've shown more but unfortunately most romantic mangas prefer the journey instead of the destination if you know what I mean.

Double-page supporter
What a happy ending, though of course I'd love to see this continue.
Thank you for finishing up this series for us readers.

VIP
it has strong start, but author didn't know what to do with it, ended up become just below average romcom. at least it's sometimes funny i guess? 6/10.

Dex-chan lover
They finally realized their feelings last chapter…. And the series instantly ends and of course…. We get a TIME SKIP.

I want to cry guys. Why are actual romance stories so hard to do? Why do almost all of them end when the actual romance starts?

It’s so frustrating that it’s the norm to just time skip past the good parts. There was easily dozens of chapters that could show the actual romance we got in the second last chapter but for whatever weird reason, we have to skip it.
Right? Ignoring their lawful marriage, the relationship had just officially started. That is when all of the expected and even unexpected hardships of a relationship actually begins. Even just the matter of her pregnancy and childbirth alone are major fucking milestones that they just skipped right over. I would've preferred it ended on her realizing she's pregnant or already late into her pregnancy and this was just like a bonus chapter or something. I'm really sick of the vast majority of "Romance" media being will-they-won't-they situations and ending as soon as they get together. It's exhausting. Expressed mutual love is not the goal, it's the starting line.

Dex-chan lover
you'd think they'd have an entire soccer team of children by now
The chapter didn't explicitly state that boy is the only child, but it was strangely implied to be so. That would suggest there's either a fertility issue between Chiyo and Soujirou or they had more children but they died. In the past, before modern medicine and living standards, it was not rare at all for children to die, but it would still be quite unlucky for only one to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread