My Roommate Isn't From This World - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - The undying godfinger

Please keep translating! Pre-serialization was slower paced, it seems like this one is trying to go fast to the same place as where the pre-serialization stopped to begin fast with original content.

Dex-chan lover
It's amusing that we're 7 chapters in, 5 months on, and all anyone can talk about is how much of an asshole the protag became, lol.

I agree that webcomic MC was more fun, but this MC is better to just think of as a different character who is a massive asshole - laugh at his failures.
However, I think another problem is that the FMC (the psychic) is ALSO now a bitch (she can't read MC's thoughts like we can, so she is just needlessly mean to this guy) . Both characters have been made more unlikable.

That said, this is still a fun comic and I'm keen to read more, and I hope both characters improve.
One thing I do want to point out is that the pacing feels borked compared to the webcomic - crazy situations are introduced and rushed over so quickly, compared to the webcomic, but I think that's because the author wants to quickly get back to where he was previously,

Dex-chan lover
It's amusing that we're 7 chapters in, 5 months on, and all anyone can talk about is how much of an asshole the protag became, lol.

I agree that webcomic MC was more fun, but this MC is better to just think of as a different character who is a massive asshole - laugh at his failures.
However, I think another problem is that the FMC (the psychic) is ALSO now a bitch (she can't read MC's thoughts like we can, so she is just needlessly mean to this guy) . Both characters have been made more unlikable.

That said, this is still a fun comic and I'm keen to read more, and I hope both characters improve.
One thing I do want to point out is that the pacing feels borked compared to the webcomic - crazy situations are introduced and rushed over so quickly, compared to the webcomic, but I think that's because the author wants to quickly get back to where he was previously,
I really hope that's the case, I hope things go back to the way they were once the author reaches that point.

Dex-chan lover
I guess the author is doubling down on the protag being a potential sex offender.
Yeah, In the pre-serialization series he actually more decent person than this..
The pre-serialization version of MC was miles better than this. This guy's a scumbag in comparison.
I agree.. But the Esper girl actually has more character this time so.. I hope the Author can slowly turn back the MC in to the pre-serialization one..

Dex-chan lover
My guess on the "godfinger" might be along the lines of "my finger was guided by the god and as such it was the god's finger that touched you" excuse, I think there was something like that in some movie/manga or something?
I need to see the Japanese writing first to be sure,
but what comes to my mind is that this is a reference to James Bond's Goldfinger

Dex-chan lover
2yr734.jpg

Dex-chan lover
My guy wasn't like that in the pre-serialization. Author, editor or a producer had a hand into making him like this now

Dex-chan lover
So, it went a little something like this:
”I remember this manga; that’s weird, I thought I was following it.”
—reads new chapter—
“oh, that’s right. The protag is a piece of shit. I remember, now.”

Dex-chan lover
The protag rewrite definitely was ill-advised. I'm not woke but this isn't it. You can write a pervert without him being rape-y. Even if done for comedic effect this isn't coming off as a "funny ha-ha Master Roshi being outrageous again" but more like dancing around a legit predator nearly getting away with sexual assault.

Users who are viewing this thread