My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover. - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
I think part of it is that this manga subverts the main aspect of basically any manga with incest by treating it seriously as an unrequited love, rather than as a joke/fetish/tease or whatever, and since its treating it seriously it can pretty directly express stuff about how that love harmed their relationship and made it harder for them to be close and communicate.
I really like the way it's portrayed, because some really close friendships are also like this. It's an intense love and feeling of belonging with someone, and doesn't necessarily have to be from a romantic or sexual place. I like that this gives readers closure and also allows us to see that Sena is moving on well.

Dex-chan lover
very funny that Yuuna's like "family's the people you care about huh, so me, Sena, and Kiku" and she just doesn't even think about her fiancee, like this is not meant to be the take-away but it really makes it look like she does not give a shit about him lmao.

"Ah yes, my fiance. Don't worry, he is uh... calm. And... kind. Okay, it might seem like I'm getting married to a nameless, faceless non-entity, but I promise he has a name and a face! He makes me so happy, haha. It's all fine, don't worry about it :)"

From Sena's perspective, we're talking about The Thing that Took her Sister from her. And the only piece of information we get to challenge this view is that He Who Shall Not Be Named Or Photographed is nice. I assume this is unintentional, but rather than just a harmless, flesh and blood person, this man-shaped blob with a pixelated face and bleeped out name conjures up something menacing instead. Like a personification of heterosexual marriage as a Bad End.

FIANCEE??? DOUBLE E? IS THIS A WRONG TRANSLATION BC I KNOW THAT FIANCEE AND FIANCE IS DIFF> FIANCEE IS FOR WOMEN RARARARRARARA

Dex-chan lover
Wait the whole series ends in less than 2 chapters?
Just when we started getting some development in romance??

Users who are viewing this thread