Dex-chan lover
😚MIna "Chu"😘🤖

And the butt thing was hilarious.🤣

Dex-chan lover
please give mina more humanoid functions
i just want my man to have his own customizable free software robo waifu

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I would like to read the opposite of this manga, where it's about a guy who buys a robot wife, except it's realistic so the robot-wife never ends up acting as anything else but robot-wife and never develops any feelings and he slowly goes insane.

Dex-chan lover
As a couple the MC and little Mina work great. They communicate, they try to make each others happy, and they work around their shortcomings.

But after reading this comment thread I also have to agree that the Mina couple are clear signs of a robot apocalypse.

Could be that it's like in Questionable Content though - the robots have already taken over and that's why there are no more wars.

Dex-chan lover
The "Who is number 2?" question had me thinking Mina is still jealous of the microwave.

Dex-chan lover
Step 1: build a humanoid robot
Step 2: let her mimic human affection
Step 3: offer expensive upgrades for robot.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit

Edit: Probably still cheaper than a real woman *ba-dum-tss*

Dex-chan lover
@BCS Honestly this is pretty realistic for the assumed future it's in. it's still out there whether a robot could feel affection or not, it honestly depends on how far we allow the A.I. to go. I remember when Japan deployed a beta test A.I. for Microsoft and the public was allowed to access it... it came down with suicidal depression. No, I am not kidding here's the story

https://soranews24.com/2016/10/05/japans-ai-schoolgirl-has-fallen-into-a-suicidal-depression-in-latest-blog-post/

Yes. We, as humans, drove a ROBOT to want to commit suicide. It'd be surprising and saddening at this point if we couldn't teach affection.

@Hitspark So I hate to be that guy, but no-one "drove a robot to want to commit suicide". The sort of program used was a very sophisticated kind of linguistic mirror, designed to spit out answers to questions asked as a gramatically-and-context-matched version of however people have answered those same questions when it asked them. No one encouraged the program to 'want' to commit suicide, they told the program *they* wanted to commit suicide, and the program measured the patterns in the many versions of that message it got and put them to use. This probably says a great deal about us and our societies, but it says essentially nothing about AI that a bespoke linguistics program, with no general claims to any form of either intelligence or judgement and not even vaguely turing-passing, designed to fill a special form of an ultimately superficial conversation venue, produced a culturally embarrassing version of exactly what it was designed to produce. It's not the sausage grinder's fault that you got sick if you've been dumping carrion in the top.

Dex-chan lover
@Phiwise_ I find that interesting. I don't think I'd ever tell an A.I. that I'd want to kill myself but hey go figure. Still, isn't A.I. learning all about imitating and the differentiating, similar enough to a real human? It seems to me that the program got that part down well enough. Even looking into it further it looks like the company was claiming it as a PR stunt, which I have to doubt to a certain extent since it got rebranded and (I believe) stripped down which isn't something you usually do for a test project working successfully. Still I feel like even if it was taught to speak like that, it's something to note as that's pretty intense for an A.I. in general. Assuming my assumption about the "stunt" is true.

I also don't doubt that the robots in this universe have already reached a point where A.I. functions like a human brain.

Dex-chan lover
There’s so much hilarious and awesome stuff in this chapter. We have a 240 year old man (now that’s impressive), his wife who he’s 10x older than (which if they’re in love is amazing, really transcending the age gap and physical appearance there; if she’s a trophy wife or just after the money is less amazing, but still pretty hilarious), learning that our favorite Mina kisses with a headbutt and is most sensitive on her hand, and best of all the two futuristic robots that need to play 20 questions to visit each other. With all this, it felt like I was reading way more than 24 pages; absolutely loved it (it was just amazing to me how the author could put so much into one chapter without making it feel crammed and making me feel like I read more than I actually did).

Fed-Kun's army
@themoobz
she can hold his hand just fine, and I don't think her mouth even opens, neither she has other holes for practical reasons I assume (water resistance for example)
rtgwpg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread