My Wife is a Little Intimidating - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - I Want To Be A Good Wife

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if I like the weird thinly veiled mysognist preaching this author is leaking through their writing.

Author: "She WANTS to be a classic housewife!

How dare you try to make her work and be independent!"
I mean we clearly see that she looked up to her mother, who is a housewife, wanting to be the same to provide and care for her loved ones and family, a perfectly fine and admirable dream, then we see her mum, essentially project her own dissatisfaction and pressure her into abandoning it. There's nothing wrong with a girl wanting to be a housewife, I'd argue it's more demeaning to them to say wanting to be one is a bad thing.

Also, why do I see you in every romance manga I read?! This is like the 5th time.

Dex-chan lover
I mean we clearly see that she looked up to her mother, who is a housewife, wanting to be the same to provide and care for her loved ones and family, a perfectly fine and admirable dream, then we see her mum, essentially project her own dissatisfaction and pressure her into abandoning it. There's nothing wrong with a girl wanting to be a housewife, I'd argue it's more demeaning to them to say wanting to be one is a bad thing.

Also, why do I see you in every romance manga I read?! This is like the 5th time.
I do flip through a lot of romcoms yes, way too many for me to even remember.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely didn't see the parallels between father and daughter's behaviour until Kousuke brought it up 😂 what a cute simultaneous reaction by both 😍

Dex-chan lover
Yo being a parent is hard though. Dad's behaviours are dumb and easily fixable, but Mom had the tough spot of wanting to make sure her daughter didn't get swept up in the flow/societal pressures, but even questioning an insecure kid's wants doesn't really help them figure out how to discover what they want to do, but instead maybe just makes them go in the opposite direction. I really don't know what I'd have said or done in Mom's position.

Hopefully the security of her relationship with Kousuke could help Natsu find security in her own wants and needs!

Dex-chan lover
Nah still shitty father. Her mother doesn't seem happy at all. More like a maid than a wife.
yeah, you've got a point. Allowing his daughter to be anything she wants to be is good and all, but he also should have granted the same option to his wife.
Still, it may be not entirely his fault. There was a harsh time when the society itself would shun young wife for continuing to work after marriage. I.e. colleagues, friends etc

Dex-chan lover
Nah still shitty father. Her mother doesn't seem happy at all. More like a maid than a wife.
I mean he goes out to work and gets the money she takes care of the housework. It's not so much she's a maid as she is doing her role in the family. It's obvious from how glowingly the heroine talked about her mother and how her father also appreciates his wife when she was young shows her importance to the family. The mother wasn't happy or dissatisfied but did her best for the family but pushed her views on her daughter. Because the little girl wasn't being told to be a housewife it was genuine desire she had just from watching her mom. Telling her to "live freely" was the wrong advice.

Calling her a maid is nothing more than strawman feminist view.

Dex-chan lover
I mean he goes out to work and gets the money she takes care of the housework. It's not so much she's a maid as she is doing her role in the family. It's obvious from how glowingly the heroine talked about her mother and how her father also appreciates his wife when she was young shows her importance to the family. The mother wasn't happy or dissatisfied but did her best for the family but pushed her views on her daughter. Because the little girl wasn't being told to be a housewife it was genuine desire she had just from watching her mom. Telling her to "live freely" was the wrong advice.

Calling her a maid is nothing more than strawman feminist view.
Role in the family? Since when staying at home being a housewife is a predetermined role? They were both working, but she had to give up her career to be the housewife that her husband demanded. That's fucked up, completely traditional misogynistic view. Household chores can be shared, and should be shared. There are many husbands that choose to stay at home instead of be the one providing the family too. That is also an option.

FMC clearly knew nothing, because she was young and naive. She thought being a housewife was something admirable because "it pleases her father", while in reality her mother wasn't even happy having to give up her career, hence her telling FMC to actually be yourself. It's kinda sad to actually see it happen when she grew up because she had an amazing career, but chose to give up on it and be a housewife instead. Is she happy now? Maybe yes, since author wrote it that way. But could she have been happy too if she continue her career? Also maybe.

TL;DR: this is an extremely outdated view of how spouses should work in the society. FMC just didn't know better.

Dex-chan lover
Role in the family? Since when staying at home being a housewife is a predetermined role? They were both working, but she had to give up her career to be the housewife that her husband demanded. That's fucked up, completely traditional misogynistic view. Household chores can be shared, and should be shared. There are many husbands that choose to stay at home instead of be the one providing the family too. That is also an option.

FMC clearly knew nothing, because she was young and naive. She thought being a housewife was something admirable because "it pleases her father", while in reality her mother wasn't even happy having to give up her career, hence her telling FMC to actually be yourself. It's kinda sad to actually see it happen when she grew up because she had an amazing career, but chose to give up on it and be a housewife instead. Is she happy now? Maybe yes, since author wrote it that way. But could she have been happy too if she continue her career? Also maybe.

TL;DR: this is an extremely outdated view of how spouses should work in the society. FMC just didn't know better.
you put your thought in the FMC. She wanted to leave her job and she did.

Dex-chan lover

Considering this was old Japan there were roles in the family men and women were expected to do. Also did her husband demand that or are you making assumptions because of your bias? As far as I can tell they were following social norms.

Ah yes househusbands and how well do those relationships last and how much of those are there? Not very long and very few are actually successful. But sure that was an option even tho it definitely might've destroyed the relationship given the heroine's mother probably wanted her husband to work as well.

The heroine is happy not just because the "author wrote it that way" it's because that was her original dream. Because of her mom's terrible advice she thought she had to work when in reality she just wanted to be a housewife.

Ah yes a young girl gets a dream because she saw how well the family structure in their home worked and wanted to replicate that for herself later in their live and she's just "young and naive." You need to curb that bias of yours. Thinking she would be happy if she continued working? Hard doubt and you wanna know why? Because she could've kept working while she was married and she didn't. Because she wanted to be a housewife. She chose to give up her career of her own free volition because it's what she originally wanted. Not because the author "wrote it that way."

TL;DR: You are completely ignoring what the heroine wanted just to whine about "outdated social norms" and be completely wrong in your analysis of the character. Heroine knew what she wanted from a young age and was sabotaged by her mother.

Dex-chan lover
e also should have granted the same option to his wife.
Is he her master? How is he supposed to grant her the option? We haven't even seen what their relationship yet we're painting the dude as the bad guy.

This is some of the most biased shit I've seen. You've quite literally forced the events to fit your narrative.

Dex-chan lover
The heroine is happy not just because the "author wrote it that way" it's because that was her original dream. Because of her mom's terrible advice she thought she had to work when in reality she just wanted to be a housewife.
This is just completely, flat out wrong. Did you even read the same chapter as the rest of us did? The mother told her to be herself in the future, not explicitly to have a career of her own. The mother wants her to be someone she chose for herself, not someone told by her husband to be, not someone the society told her to be. She said this because of the misconception she had that being a housewife is something admirable, underneath her mother's dissatisfaction that she couldn't see nor understand. Her mother obviously didn't want to be one, otherwise she wouldn't be saying all this.

This is gonna be something completely off field and fucked up analogy, but a kid raised by ISIS will think slaughtering and beheading people is something enjoyable because the kid's parents did. But is it correct? Obviously not. But the kid would be happy to have that dream growing up, because they didn't know any better.

Dex-chan lover
This is just completely, flat out wrong. Did you even read the same chapter as the rest of us did? The mother told her to be herself in the future, not explicitly to have a career of her own. The mother wants her to be someone she chose for herself, not someone told by her husband to be, not someone the society told her to be. She said this because of the misconception she had that being a housewife is something admirable, underneath her mother's dissatisfaction that she couldn't see nor understand. Her mother obviously didn't want to be one, otherwise she wouldn't be saying all this.

This is gonna be something completely off field and fucked up analogy, but a kid raised by ISIS will think slaughtering and beheading people is something enjoyable because the kid's parents did. But is it correct? Obviously not. But the kid would be happy to have that dream growing up, because they didn't know any better.
You realize manga is a visual media right? How did our heroine react when her mother told her she wanted to work and not be a housewife. Shattered. She had a look as if her world was collapsing. Her own mother told her she didn't like being housewife and told her you don't have to do what I do when she clearly herself sees it as something good and to aspire to as shown when she was reading out her dream.

Telling her to "live freely" denies her of her dream. Just because it sounds good to you doesn't mean it's the correct advice. Especially when it's someone who looks up to you and what you do and you basically tell them. "You don't really want this do something else." It's sabotage. What the mother should've done is indulge her desire to learn to be housewife. If she got bored of it as she got older that's fine. If she she still wanted to be it as she got older great it means it wasn't just a childish dream.

Also you're example is so extreme that I could use a similar analogy but it's pointless as what you're equating it to is stupid to begin with. There is nothing wrong with young girl wanting to be housewife just because she saw how positive it is to her family. There's a difference between being a homemaker and terrorist. These are not equal.

Dex-chan lover
You realize manga is a visual media right? How did our heroine react when her mother told her she wanted to work and not be a housewife. Shattered. She had a look as if her world was collapsing. Her own mother told her she didn't like being housewife and told her you don't have to do what I do when she clearly herself sees it as something good and to aspire to as shown when she was reading out her dream.

Telling her to "live freely" denies her of her dream. Just because it sounds good to you doesn't mean it's the correct advice. Especially when it's someone who looks up to you and what you do and you basically tell them. "You don't really want this do something else." It's sabotage. What the mother should've done is indulge her desire to learn to be housewife. If she got bored of it as she got older that's fine. If she she still wanted to be it as she got older great it means it wasn't just a childish dream.

Also you're example is so extreme that I could use a similar analogy but it's pointless as what you're equating it to is stupid to begin with. There is nothing wrong with young girl wanting to be housewife just because she saw how positive it is to her family. There's a difference between being a homemaker and terrorist. These are not equal.
Yeah at this point it feels like both of us are talking to a wall so let's agree to disagree.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah at this point it feels like both of us are talking to a wall so let's agree to disagree.
K. Just want to point one more thing you're wrong about. No one told her what to be. She decided for herself and her mother didn't like that and basically told her "Be something else." Otherwise her mother wouldn't have said anything. Stop with the bias and read the chapter again. Cuz as far as I can tell you see things a certain way to fit your narrative as someone else pointed out.

Dex-chan lover

So, if the mother was a doctor and she wanted to be a doctor too would you still be making this argument of them not knowing better or would you say that's ok cuz it's not a "misogynistic" dream perpetuating the patriarchy or societal pressure cuz heaven forbid a woman wants the domestic role in her life.

Dex-chan lover
So, if the mother was a doctor and she wanted to be a doctor too would you still be making this argument of them not knowing better or would you say that's ok cuz it's not a "misogynistic" dream perpetuating the patriarchy or societal pressure cuz heaven forbid a woman wants the domestic role in her life.
No.

Dex-chan lover
Ye not a big shock to your answer. A woman can be anything in your eyes. Except a housewife that's a big no-no to you. So much for women having a choice to be whatever they want.

It amazes me you don't even see how ironically regressive your thinking is. And how you deny what the heroine wants. Makes sense in the story why she wants to be a housewife but because it goes against your worldview you throw logical storytelling out the window to whine.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ye not a big shock to your answer. A woman can be anything in your eyes. Except a housewife that's a big no-no to you. So much for women having a choice to be whatever they want.

It amazes me you don't even see how ironically regressive your thinking is. And how you deny what the heroine wants. Makes sense in the story why she wants to be a housewife but because it goes against your worldview you throw logical storytelling out the window to whine.
I already said let's agree to disagree so IDK why you insisted on shoving your opinion any further.

Are you actually daft or something? Jesus.

Aggregator gang
I already said let's agree to disagree so IDK why you insisted on shoving your opinion any further.

Are you actually daft or something? Jesus.
You are by far the most misogynistic person in this entire comment section. "Women MUST want to work. Even if they express the desire to be a housewife, they're wrong and that's not what they really want. They HAVE to do what I say all women want."

Newsflash, some women do genuinely want to be a housewife. Some mean genuinely want to be a househusband. There's nothing wrong with either and you saying that no woman would want to be one is projecting your own desires onto them and not allowing them free will.

Dex-chan lover
You are by far the most misogynistic person in this entire comment section. "Women MUST want to work. Even if they express the desire to be a housewife, they're wrong and that's not what they really want. They HAVE to do what I say all women want."

Newsflash, some women do genuinely want to be a housewife. Some mean genuinely want to be a househusband. There's nothing wrong with either and you saying that no woman would want to be one is projecting your own desires onto them and not allowing them free will.
You totally did not understand what my point was, so I suggest you to just stfu and agree to disagree. Gonna unwatch this thread, too many stupid people replying.

Users who are viewing this thread