My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago - Ch. 179

Dex-chan lover
Most Asian family isn't that hard headed like in dramas and comics, they are still your family, they care more for your happiness than what other people may thinks.
Here Qing himself said, "at worst I'd just feel his angry belt again" and he meant it. If he make mistake his dad will do it again.
Well, while my parents aren't that "hard-headed", my aunt was. She and her husband was like that. Their son couldn't even get a girlfriend, and almost get dragged into a marriage without his own consent for the betterment of their family...
I even got forced to cover his ass when he was secretly dating a girl. What a wild times

Dex-chan lover
Well, while my parents aren't that "hard-headed", my aunt was. She and her husband was like that. Their son couldn't even get a girlfriend, and almost get dragged into a marriage without his own consent for the betterment of their family...
I even got forced to cover his ass when he was secretly dating a girl. What a wild times
That's pretty rare, how old is he tho?

Dex-chan lover
That's pretty rare, how old is he tho?
It was during highschool if you ask the time he almost got matched up by his parents. Now he's in mid twenties and already moved out from the house. He's safe for now but soon I bet his parents would nag him to get married.

Double-page supporter
My older cousin got set up with his wife by our extended family...... They gave them but 2 weeks to get to know each other and used every method to get them together. He cracked under pressure.

Some families are really like that. I just hope my cousin is happy now.
My parents are more laxed and lets me and sis do whatever though. Thank god for that.

If this is stereotypical asian dad all asians have my sympathy for holding back and not swinging on them for disrespecting their wives and family.

This kinda talk would absolutely cross the line with me to be honest and while I wouldn't let him continue and ask him to leave that...That was kinda shit of him.
I get he has this all in his head of worrying for them and her but my god....
Are you insane? How can any sane civilized person even think of doing that!

Your dad and mom have more experience. Whatever they say does have reason and logic behind it. Blood bonds are blood bonds, his wife till she doesn't give birth to his child is not completly counted as an absolute family member.

Users who are viewing this thread