My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago - Ch. 207

Is the dude looking to buy a mansion? 800 square meters is freaking huge. I saw this apartment a while back that had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, reasonably big kitchen and living room and a laundry area, and that was 100 square meters. Is he planning on having like 12 kids?

Dex-chan lover
Is the dude looking to buy a mansion? 800 square meters is freaking huge. I saw this apartment a while back that had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, reasonably big kitchen and living room and a laundry area, and that was 100 square meters. Is he planning on having like 12 kids?
yea he’s already planning on having lots of segggs

Dex-chan lover
akXINLG.png

gottem lol. cute chapter

Dex-chan lover
some sfx translation for fellow readers (no redrawer apparently, rip):
kiss~ (亲~, should be obvious where it is)
scooching over (靠~)
sincere gaze! (真诚的目光)
sniff sniff (i believe)
<a strange meme that i don't entirely understand, that happens to pun with her name iirc?> (姜信姜疑)
hug (抱)

the dog heads by the way is the classic doge pic, or a re-rendition of that pic. It comes standard in a lot of chinese emoji keyboards, should tell you how common it is...

the outfit change is to chinese style of talk show a bit like japanese tsukkomi (not a single format like tsukkomi, tho, actually it can vary alot by location/dialect)

Group Leader
<a strange meme that i don't entirely understand, that happens to pun with her name iirc?> (姜信姜疑)
this is a parody of the idiom 半信半疑, meaning to be suspicious/doubtful/wary. Since Jiang He is often suspicious of his antics, it has become her signature reaction! Hence, 姜信姜疑.

Also, when Ping Ping asks about Jiang He's IGN change, the wording used was probably 怎么, which formally means "how", but conversationally can mean "why", or more specifically "what's the occasion / what made you ___".

Dex-chan lover
this is a parody of the idiom 半信半疑, meaning to be suspicious/doubtful/wary. Since Jiang He is often suspicious of his antics, it has become her signature reaction! Hence, 姜信姜疑.

Also, when Ping Ping asks about Jiang He's IGN change, the wording used was probably 怎么, which formally means "how", but conversationally can mean "why", or more specifically "what's the occasion / what made you ___".
oh it's a pun. this shit is impossible for a dumbass 华侨 like me lol

Group Leader
oh it's a pun. this shit is impossible for a dumbass 华侨 like me lol
I don't mean to pry, but are you actually a 华侨?Many people think that as long as they are of Chinese descent they are one, but 华侨 specifically refers to Chinese citizens who are residing overseas, and the term also holds some historical connotation.

I'm just explaining this cuz even mainland Chinese are often confused by this, and conversations with visiting tourists around the topic can lead to misconceptions or misunderstandings.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mean to pry, but are you actually a 华侨?Many people think that as long as they are of Chinese descent they are one, but 华侨 specifically refers to Chinese citizens who are residing overseas, and the term also holds some historical connotation.

I'm just explaining this cuz even mainland Chinese are often confused by this, and conversations with visiting tourists around the topic can lead to misconceptions or misunderstandings.
technically i'm the child of one (two), but this is the kind of hazy slang-turned-term where imo it's less productive to actually nitpick and try to keep pure the definition most of the time.

Also, at this rate i'm going to be staying in china long term, so what would that make me, 双桥?

Group Leader
technically i'm the child of one (two), but this is the kind of hazy slang-turned-term where imo it's less productive to actually nitpick and try to keep pure the definition most of the time.

Also, at this rate i'm going to be staying in china long term, so what would that make me, 双桥?
Wait so you're staying in China? But that wouldn't even be within the hazy region of the definition since 侨 stands for 侨居 which means living abroad. Unless... you're not Chinese but your family migrated to China? In which case, you're not Chinese so you can't be a "Chinese living abroad", aka 华侨.

It makes sense why you might not see the need to nitpick the definition if it doesn't apply to you, but the term has a legal definition and there are current issues that are caused/fueled by misuse of the term/concept/identity.

Dex-chan lover
Wait so you're staying in China? But that wouldn't even be within the hazy region of the definition since 侨 stands for 侨居 which means living abroad. Unless... you're not Chinese but your family migrated to China? In which case, you're not Chinese so you can't be a "Chinese living abroad", aka 华侨.

It makes sense why you might not see the need to nitpick the definition if it doesn't apply to you, but the term has a legal definition and there are current issues that are caused/fueled by misuse of the term/concept/identity.
my family went from china to elsewhere, and right now i'm back. Didya just drop the entire first sentence (well, clause, but close enough damnit) of my comment? lol.

legal terms getting bent sideways in common use is even more common... like, i get your point, but i can't be fucked, soz

edit: i'm an adult, but i have 华侨 parents. Not actually a "child" so to speak. I spose that's where the confusion is coming from. Woops.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread