My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago - Ch. 264

Dex-chan lover
R marriage certificate still not count as married?
Can someone explain please? Seems like I got a bit of culture shock here...
?.?...

Nah it's more of a 'a certificate is just a piece of paper'. Ppl (at least Asian side) place more weight on the ceremony itself as a true begining rather than just registration.

Is it like this, each character has their own partner?
Yep this was hinted for a while now that everyone is gonna end up happy here with someone.

Wait when did that one girl get pregnant
That's their whole story. The dude was a rich 2nd gen playboy till she got pregnant and forced him to marry her. He did some cunning sh*t to make sure she won't get any inheritance if she's just a gold digger.
Pingping is leading her astray! :notlikethis:
On the contrary she seems to be the normal one with common sense? Who'll probably question her after this.

She is just trying to save her failing business. Selling sweet potatoes is hard. It requires seeing everybody as potential client. Even if it means someone who asks for weechat contact.

Dex-chan lover
Xu Qing! Why didn't you teach Jiang He about pick-up artist!? Will that NTR doujin I saw on Pixiv become a main reality on this comic???
Nah jokes aside, I was wondering if Xu Qing will ever give Jiang He a ring? Will it be during the marriage ceremony? And why do I smell an ending of this comic? I mean the way the story carried on man, showing all the characters having a good life and such, it smells like an ending arc!!

Dex-chan lover
Well, it happens when you hold hands, better watch out yourself and wear gloves!

a04ae7dpbjg21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/futurama/comments/aqjofd/a_reminder_to_all_of_you_amphibiosans_out_there/
Reddit

Dex-chan lover
97G93mL.png

:hearts:
and yes she is still naive in a lot of ways so it's quite understandable that she doesn't know what is really going on there with the guy.

Dex-chan lover
R marriage certificate still not count as married?
Can someone explain please? Seems like I got a bit of culture shock here...
Keep in mind, she is 1000 years old. Do you think villages dealt with things like marriage certificates? Certainly, there were official documentation, but mostly for important people living in urban environments (so things like succession was properly tracked).
The ceremony was everything.

Well, even in her case she knows she's married, you can see it in her thoughts. She's just scared shitless of the implications. Keep in mind, she absolutely wants him to be able to push her down and have his way with her, because then the event is out of her hands. Her inner thoughts have exposed her in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread