My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago

Power Uploader
image.png

I have to say, never once in my life thought that i would hate a manga/comc format as much as i hate longstrips. And the thing is the pannels are individual images so it would be easy to have them in a normal format instead of having to scroll through them...

Nice story with interesting theme, interesting characters and good art work.
Definitely something worth reading.

Fed-Kun's army
This is really a nice read. Slower paced woud be hard (I wont deny it's a bit frustrating), but it's meaningful that way and still relaxing to read.

I have to say, never once in my life thought that i would hate a manga/comc format as much as i hate longstrips. And the thing is the pannels are individual images so it would be easy to have them in a normal format instead of having to scroll through them...
Well it's great if you on a phone in my opinion, but yeah it sucks on pc.

HQ

The special thing about this is that it's just really well written. The plot is nothing special and yet, by keeping it simple and focusing on characters, they have managed to create a very sweet and heartwarming romance without relying on any cheap conflicts or fanservice. It is the complete opposite of What To Do When The Heroine Escape From The Book.

It's wholesome yet not, I'm only at chapter 50, but the mc is a manipulative bastard, well I kinda like it too since it makes him more human

Contributor
I'm giving up on this only around ch. 22, and it's really frustrating.

Decent (accidental?) commentary on Chinese society, good slice-of-life writing with stuff going on in the background, a decent bit of actual thought...

But like, the MC is such a creep. Not in the usual overt ways, but in how he's constantly plotting ways to keep the girl in his apartment, and/or make sure she never leaves him.

I understand his desire to not have her walk away and leave him as a forgettable extra in her cool time-travel story, but that doesn't make it okay.

And the fact that the author successfully makes it realistic and convincing honestly makes it more painful to read than the standard waifu wish-fulfillment garbage we get (we see her try to have autonomy, have it gently crushed, have him employ the sort of subtle manipulation that abusive spouses and family employ). She's not some cool toy for him to play with—except apparently the author seems to feel that actually still should be. And that's bloody creepy, much more profoundly than standard stupid braindead hentai objectification or whatever.

Last edited:
Contributor
I'm giving up on this only around ch. 22
You should read a little more, because the setup changes quickly and he teaches her how to live like a "modern" woman.

I agree some scene can be frustrating and all but at the end a lot of comedy scenes are well made.

Don't bother with this one, the protagonist is a fucking scumbag of the highest order.

Users who are viewing this thread