Name. - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Zoo Date Fun

Power Uploader
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
2,992
Ashamed that people are actually donating dimes for this kind of quality…

Before you talk back to me, if you actually think this quality is good, then something is genuinely wrong with you. If you zoom in, you can clearly see that they used the clone stamp to hide their redraw attempts, thinking nobody would notice. And then to beg for money for this kind of work is even scummier.

So many things could be improved: text centering, smaller font sizes, more font variety, make the text actually fit in the bubble, etc.

And even using such an Arabic name.. Truth?
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 8, 2023
Messages
407
Ashamed that people are actually donating dimes for this kind of quality…

Before you talk back to me, if you actually think this quality is good, then something is genuinely wrong with you. If you zoom in, you can clearly see that they used the clone stamp to hide their redraw attempts, thinking nobody would notice. And then to beg for money for this kind of work is even scummier.

So many things could be improved: text centering, smaller font sizes, more font variety, make the text actually fit in the bubble, etc.

And even using such an Arabic name.. Truth?
I'm just casual reader so I don't know much detail about translating, but I don't have any problem reading this. I just glad someone pick this series since what? Abandoned for two years?
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
2,992
I'm just casual reader so I don't know much detail about translating, but I don't have any problem reading this. I just glad someone pick this series since what? Abandoned for two years?
You’re right about the pick-up part, but the typesetting could easily be improved, yet they feign ignorance whenever they’re given advice. Wouldn’t you agree that the text would look much better if it actually stayed inside the speech bubbles instead of being deliberately typeset at a gigantic size with half of it sticking outside? Want me to show you?
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Messages
88
Ashamed that people are actually donating dimes for this kind of quality…

Before you talk back to me, if you actually think this quality is good, then something is genuinely wrong with you. If you zoom in, you can clearly see that they used the clone stamp to hide their redraw attempts, thinking nobody would notice. And then to beg for money for this kind of work is even scummier.

So many things could be improved: text centering, smaller font sizes, more font variety, make the text actually fit in the bubble, etc.

And even using such an Arabic name.. Truth?
Honestly, series wasn't updated in a long time. And even with terrible translation work, isn't it enough that you can read what is being translated? I don't understand the need to be pessimistic about something so simple.
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
2,992
Honestly, series wasn't updated in a long time. And even with terrible translation work, isn't it enough that you can read what is being translated? I don't understand the need to be pessimistic about something so simple.
I don’t think “at least it’s readable” is a good excuse for terrible translation and typesetting. If you’re going to release something publicly, especially while asking people for donations… there’s nothing wrong with expecting a basic level of quality.


I’m glad the series is being worked on again, but that doesn’t mean people can’t criticise errors or suggest improvements. A series being inactive for a long time doesn’t suddenly make poor-quality work immune to criticism.

This is why I also don’t ask for donos.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
661
I don’t think “at least it’s readable” is a good excuse for terrible translation and typesetting. If you’re going to release something publicly, especially while asking people for donations… there’s nothing wrong with expecting a basic level of quality.


I’m glad the series is being worked on again, but that doesn’t mean people can’t criticise errors or suggest improvements. A series being inactive for a long time doesn’t suddenly make poor-quality work immune to criticism.

This is why I also don’t ask for donos.
Just because you ask for donations doesnt mean you'll get them?

Also, for me its enough because the translation quality is readable enough because of the consistent uploading being almost a weekly release.
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
2,992
Just because you ask for donations doesnt mean you'll get them?

Also, for me its enough because the translation quality is readable enough because of the consistent uploading being almost a weekly release.
You’re kind of proving my point. You’re willing to accept lower quality in exchange for frequent releases, quantity over quality. That’s fine if that’s your preference.


And obviously asking for donations doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive them. That’s not the point. My point is that once you’re asking people to financially support your work, I think it’s even more reasonable for people to scrutinize the quality of what you’re putting out.
 
Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
18
You’re kind of proving my point. You’re willing to accept lower quality in exchange for frequent releases, quantity over quality. That’s fine if that’s your preference.


And obviously asking for donations doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive them. That’s not the point. My point is that once you’re asking people to financially support your work, I think it’s even more reasonable for people to scrutinize the quality of what you’re putting out.
I have waited a long time to read this in english, trying to consume manga by reading it through Chinese or Japanese or fucking machine translation is a slow pain in the ass

If your "scrutinization" or whatever causes the scanlator to stop, I hope your now and future partners spends all their time licking someone else's sweat.
 
Power Uploader
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
2,992
I have waited a long time to read this in english, trying to consume manga by reading it through Chinese or Japanese or fucking machine translation is a slow pain in the ass

If your "scrutinization" or whatever causes the scanlator to stop, I hope your now and future partners spends all their time licking someone else's sweat.
I'm not telling them to stop translating it. I'm pointing out things that could easily be improved (yet they are ignored). If ordinary criticism is enough to make someone abandon an entire manga, that's their decision, but clearly not the fault of the person criticizing their work. If you can't handle criticism then don't do this.

You can be happy that the manga is finally being translated while still acknowledging that the translation and typesetting could be better. Those aren't mutually exclusive.
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Messages
208
I'm just casual reader so I don't know much detail about translating, but I don't have any problem reading this. I just glad someone pick this series since what? Abandoned for two years?
Honestly, series wasn't updated in a long time. And even with terrible translation work, isn't it enough that you can read what is being translated? I don't understand the need to be pessimistic about something so simple.
Just because you ask for donations doesnt mean you'll get them?

Also, for me its enough because the translation quality is readable enough because of the consistent uploading being almost a weekly release.
I have waited a long time to read this in english, trying to consume manga by reading it through Chinese or Japanese or fucking machine translation is a slow pain in the ass

If your "scrutinization" or whatever causes the scanlator to stop, I hope your now and future partners spends all their time licking someone else's sweat.

He's been on my ass for literally two months, fellas. He's under nearly every chapter I post shittalking this and that. Just leave the loser be.
s.png
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
661
You’re kind of proving my point. You’re willing to accept lower quality in exchange for frequent releases, quantity over quality. That’s fine if that’s your preference.


And obviously asking for donations doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive them. That’s not the point. My point is that once you’re asking people to financially support your work, I think it’s even more reasonable for people to scrutinize the quality of what you’re putting out.
I mean you're right, wont prove you wrong but from an outside perspective (0 knowledge on the tls world) as long as there are frequent uploads, others wont really criticize the translators of details they dont even realize are there on the first read.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top