Namekawa-san Won't Be Bullied - Ch. 28 - Namekawa-san Doesn't Want to be Mocked in a Selfie

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the great chapter, aww that's adorable both them using the group selfie to kiss her in their own way and the waifus having discovered how to manipulate Namekawa's self image quest to get closer to her. Also further proof that Tojo has ascended to level of yuri beyond that of plebian humanity.

Also while I realize it will likely never come to it I would love to a what if glimpse into their adult lives because I would be somewhat disappointed if an adult Tojo didn't take the initiative and try to propose to Namekawa in a way that was the full on kunoichi, mission impossible, superhuman standard that we could expect from a grown up Tojo....while Namekawa is pursuing her goal of being the most badass Starbucks barista in all of Japan.

Still can't decide on a best girl yet since in their own ways they could all make Saya happy.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaisermutt same as Chiakoi mentions, the translation should be something using Choroi + (Name)kawa as the meaning: literally translated would be Easy-kawa. This is mostly coming from how that convention is used on other series as a way to say characters that are incredibly easy to convince through certain means consistently (that the person themselves seem oblivious to or are helpless to actually fight against), by appending the last half of their name (or whole if the name is short enough) to "Choro-".

The main clue for that is the fact that the end is on katakana while the start is on hiragana, meaning it's not meant to read as a combination of two japanese words, but of a japanese word and some name or foreign word (I've seen cases where both start and end are part of japanese words, but most of the time it's written purely in katakana IIRC, can't say for sure if I've read an example where both parts are in hiragana).

Group Leader
@KuroeNekumi @Chiakoi Yeah I see that now. Although there are a number of cases of single non-loan words being written with both katakana and hiragana in this manga, even in the name there's ナメる.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, name(kawa)+(name)ru...

lol only now that you point it out I even recognize it.

But besides that I'd need to check by going back through all the other chapter to see if the convention holds.

Dex-chan lover
hahahaha-cupids-arrow.gif

Users who are viewing this thread