Nana to Kaoru: Last Year

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if japan uses a different convention, but usually a BDSM scenario would be referred to as 'a scene' rather than 'a play'.

Bonjour. Je m'adresse à la population francophone : je travaille sur la trad des chapitres mais je n'ai pas d'édit pour pouvoir les proposer (et je ne sais pas faire moi-même). Je ne trouve pas de team acceptant le projet... donc si vous êtes intéressés, que vous soyez dans une team ou non (moi je ne le suis pas donc pas de souci pour que ça soit taggé au nom de votre team), MP moi :)

It seems like the delay might have been because they were waiting for the tankoban. While I realize that the collected versions have changed up the chapter ordering a bit I think most of us would still generally prefer to get more regular releases using the individual chapters instead of waiting for collections.

I just wanted to check if the translators (awesome job on the latest chapter!) had decided to skip the last chapter? I know the numbering is weird, but looking at the "volume" number on the last or second to last pages of each chapter, it seems that it went from vol.10 (future is by your side) to vol.12 (the choice is yours). Looking at some raws I saw posted a while back, there is a vol.11 in between the two. However, it looks like it's focused on Tachi, so maybe it was decided to skip this for now?

I think the full volume reorder some chapters, maybe it is what happenned on vol.3 (I don't have the full volume to check)

EDIT: chapter 24 just dropped. Here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/66822bf8u1vuz14/NTK_24.zip/file

Chapter 24, aka how to ruin a Series in 1 Chapter,why he always needs an old creepy guy in every Series, I´ll never understand.

hate the new chapters. Wow does this author suck. Kaoru letting someone else with Nana then realizing he’s cucking himself. I don’t really know what was said because google translate sucks but it looks like he’s gonna redeem himself next month. If not I’m off this shit. It broke my heart

I see a lot of hate after the release of the latest chapter. I have just looked at the pictures and drawn my conclusions from that, but to me it looks more like the older s&m couple is teaching the younger and less experienced s&m couple something. My more in-depth theory is that the older dom is trying to teach or make the younger dom specifically understand something but more than that I'm not sure.
And finally isn't that just naturally for any part of life. doesn't it make sense to get advice or learn new things from people who have more experienced, and news flash people who usually have more experienced are also a little older. That's just my thoughts on it.

P.S much love to the legend that posts the new chapters raw when they pop up

@laga
i get that I think the ending it says that karou needs to redeem himself or take responsibility. I just don’t see kaoru as a character ever letting Nana do that. Maybe they’d never admit it to themselves but after the black label ending the author is dragging this shit. I just wish they’d finally get them together. I’d rather the series move onto college life and relationship with their play

It just feels forced by the Author, you wouldn´t want to watch your Partner have sex with someone else just because he is better at it than you. I just thought that the S&M thing they had was for them to connect more. I don´t really need character in the story that are just Nana and Kaoru but older, it just feels like a forced development to get some NTR vibes going. I was just hopeing for a sweet romcom between the 2 Mc,which the first story did WAY better, and not some actuall S&M training room with an old creep as their teacher.
And thank you so much for the RAWs

@anonimiu2

ii think it’s just the author trying to project himself into this story. Suddenly the the character is fit and tall instead of short stub like mc. But I’m also way too invested into this story it really shouldn’t have this much of an effect on me lol. I hope it’s just a catalyst for progress in their relationship cuz after black label they should have been fucking already. If not that’s fine I’ll just pretend like it ended at black label and this is nothing but a poorly drawn (nana looks so bad in some of these scenes ) fanfic. Done venting see y’all at 25

well, tbf kaoru did train a lot in the past year and he may be a small goblin, but he's still a teenager and is probably growing.
it's not that hard to belive he's actually developing a decent body, he went jogging with 2 top members of the track team and plowed the fields a lot in okinawa.
in this series how much time passed? 1 year? 2 years? he's getting better.

also, on a side note, at this point they are fucking, sex doesn't always involve penetration. they know they love each other, they shared a kiss and accepted each other feelings.
but yeah, hope he gets in tokyo u too and the college life gets shown

@AstarothTheInquisitor I think we’re reading two different picture books.
i didn’t say kaoru got more handsome I’m talking about chapter 24 where the sensei sm author suddenly is drawn tall and lean. I’d love to see college kaoru actually be taller than nana. The most they’ve done is kiss and next ch kaoru eats nanas leather ass but they really don’t go past that. So no they’re not having sex. Sure their play is sexual but they can’t even tell the other they like each other. The authors just dragging this.

Any ideas why the raws and the translations order seems mixed? Translated chapter 07 is raw chapter 10 for example. Raw chapter 13 15 and 16 are skipped too.

The raws are all from past posts in the comments by... I just checked and it's from various posters.
(just saw the comment at the bottom of c4p13 ty)

@oGkspAz The change in order makes sense when you see what they changed.

Originally there was a single Tachibana chapter (no Nana or Kaoru) released between when Nana sent the videos and Kaoru flew back. So moving it around helps that flow a little bit better instead of delaying the resolution. Then there were two chapters (the first of which was just translated) that take place just after he comes home, but were released a few issues later. So the tankoban is just sticking them back into chronological order. Which is nice because the two issues that originally came in between are setting up a larger arc that's still playing out.

I'm not normally a fan of reshuffling the order or putting things into internal chronological instead of publication order, but this was a case of moving a few chapters one or two places to make for a smoother flow that follows chronologically. Considering the existing weirdness of "when does Black Label happen exactly?", this is pretty minor.

Users who are viewing this thread