Nankuru Nee-san

Contributor
>This year's third issue of Kodansha's Young Magazine the Third revealed on Wednesday that Kōji Kumeta and Yasu's Nan kuru Nee-san manga will end in the magazine's next issue on February 20.

>> 3 volumes out

>>> Still only 2ch translated

It's because it's not isekai, is it

Aggregator gang
Is there some post-ironic meaning here or is this just a painfully unfunny gag manga?

Dex-chan lover
Accidentally starts stalking her
Okay. That’s a premise for a comedy story (and not a psychological horror story) I guess

Dex-chan lover
this started good, then it went off the tangent to full pantsu-on-head

Dex-chan lover
Didn't read, but that description is really off-putting.

@idgi To be fair, that description is actually kinda misleading - it's more of a setup for the author's trademark absurdist tropes and bizarre-logic humor. If you look up the author's other works, you'll quickly see an all-too-familiar pattern to his humor, which seems to be a bit of hit-and-miss with a lot of people

Contributor
This'd be way better if Kumeta Kouji wasn't just the writer but also the artist.

it's labelled comedy but it wasn't even funny nor "fun" to read, and it was like a mix of random stuff with forceful intent of making puns. it didn't even make me smile or grin... there's some parts that are overused and it's repetitive to the point that it becomes annoying instead. the Sayonara Zetsubo one was somewhat okay and easier to understand i think, unlike this one.

Contributor
@Darris The thing is that imo Kumeta Kouji has a much better grasp on I guess visual comedy is the way I'd describe it. While this doesn't look bad, I feel it's just not getting as much done with the art as it could to complement the writing, his other series where he himself is the artist I think are generally all filled with good examples of it.

Users who are viewing this thread