Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Dex-chan lover
Track it down and read it on another site or buy it yourself. An extremely ambitious work that extends far beyond the animated film and explores morality and humanity at its greatest extremes. Written and illustrated by the Miyazaki himself.

@Turkeyjerkey I want to second this. The movie only scratches the surface of the world, taking a few events and interpreting them as a separate story.

Not sure if there's a rule against this, if there is please let me know, but as the chapters don't seem to be available on this site yet as of making this comment...

Here they are for anyone looking to read this
Each 'Chapter' is a full volume of 100+ pages btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if there's a rule against this, if there is please let me know, but as the chapters don't seem to be available on this site yet as of making this comment...

Each 'Chapter' is a full volume of 100+ pages btw.
Thank you very much! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Supporter
I bought the full thing, it’s pretty damn good. Nausicaa is definitely a bit of a Mary Sue, and we get a solid dose of Mr Miyazaki’s typical ecomalthusianism, but aside from that it’s a very well constructed story. It somehow ended with a compelling message. There’s a lot more airship flight than the film, and it goes a bit more into detail about the nature of their technology, so if you’re an airship buff like me you’ll probably like it more than the film.

Also there are newtype powers.

Users who are viewing this thread