Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? - Vol. 9 Ch. 38.5

Banned
She didn't want the elf to try and bail on her needed duty in order to hang out with her, and to prevent the sads from when the human finally dies of old age while the elf is still a teenager.
Ahh i see. Figured some of that, but wasn't 100% sure. wonder if there is a way to extend her life.

Also, think it was immature to take that route. At some point everyone will die before or after you. Just something you have to accept and overcome and appreciate what time you have together. Hell, at some point that person will have heir last convo with you whether they die or not and you won't necessarily know until the end too.

well, she was young too, makes sense she would make a derp decision

Dex-chan lover
As many already said, pls don't do archaic if you don't know how.
Sorry if it comes out as rude, but you literally translated everything with "thou", even the third person. "Thou" is basically "you", so reading "thou child" when talking about Reren to Kai killed so many of my braincells...I was like "why is she saying "you/r child" instead of "that child"?"

As many already said, pls don't do archaic if you don't know how.
Sorry if it comes out as rude, but you literally translated everything with "thou", even the third person. "Thou" is basically "you", so reading "thou child" when talking about Reren to Kai killed so many of my braincells...I was like "why is she saying "you/r child" instead of "that child"?"
its even worse than that. possessive form of thou is thy, so it doesn't even translate to "your child".
the grammar throughout this entire chapter made 0 sense.

Thanks for the translation, I guess. My head hurts trying to read thy translation, truly obscene. One will teach you the correct way:
1. 'Thou' is an archaic form of 'you'. A subject pronoun. For example: Thou are already dead.
2. 'Thy' is an archaic form of 'your'. A possessive adjective. Used when the word that follows after starts with a VOWEL, for example: Thy book, thy grimoire, thy rod, etc.
3. 'Thine' is an archaic form of 'your'. A possessive adjective. In contrast to thy, thine is used when the word that follows after starts with a CONSONANT, for example: Thine eyes, thine honour, etc. Can also be used as possessive pronoun, in place of 'yours'.
4. 'Thee' is an archaic form of 'you'. An object pronoun. A pronoun that functions as object. For example: I love thee. My heart is for thee.
5. 'My' and 'Mine' can both be archaic forms of 'My'. Both are possessive adjectives. My is used when the word that follows after starts with a CONSONANT, for example: My grimoire, my kingdom, etc. Mine, on the other hand, is used when the word that follows after starts with a VOWEL, for example: Mine eyes, mine honour, etc.
6. Use 'thyself' in place of 'yourself'. It's a reflexive pronoun. Example: Go fuck thyself.
7. You can use 'One' in place of 'I' as a subject pronoun. For example: One shall guide you to the afterlife.

Japanese has a lot of ways to say those pronouns. Archaic forms of subject pronoun 'I' that are commonly used includes Sessha (拙者), Warawa (妾), Ware (我, 吾), Washi (儂). Onushi (お主), Sonata (其方), Onore (己), and Nanji (汝) is used for subject pronoun 'you'. Many more includes Ware-ware (我々) and Warera (我等) for subject pronoun 'we', and Waga (我が) for possessive adjective 'my' and 'our'.
I hope this is informative to the scanlation group and whoever reads this as you scroll. If I ever encounter obscene translation like this again in the future, one shall take immidiate action.

Cheers

If y'all can't use the archaic form properly, just translate it into regular English and put some T/N or something. I only know archaic English from a few literature and I'm not even a native English speaker, but even I can tell that the use of it here is all over the place.
Unfortunately, the regular english portions also have issues.

2. 'Thy' is an archaic form of 'your'. A possessive adjective. Used when the word that follows after starts with a VOWEL, for example: Thy book, thy grimoire, thy rod, etc.
3. 'Thine' is an archaic form of 'your'. A possessive adjective. In contrast to thy, thine is used when the word that follows after starts with a CONSONANT, for example: Thine eyes, thine honour, etc. Can also be used as possessive pronoun, in place of 'yours'.

I'm just going to point out that your first set of examples all start with consonants and your second list has one item that starts with a vowel and another that starts with a consonant.

Great conclusion.
Elf girl has been successfully and fully acquired!!!

I was more or less able to understand every sentence from that woman. I need to reread them by 2-3 times and change the word in my head and read it again appropriately so I can understand the meaning more clearly.

However, doing this A LOT of times in a single chapter was such a hassle. :facepalm:

Last edited:
It's sad that instead of improving, we're seeing a steep decline of translation quality of various scanlation groups over the years. Even LHTranslation's recent releases (some, not all) are not fun to read anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, the regular english portions also have issues.

I'm just going to point out that your first set of examples all start with consonants and your second list has one item that starts with a vowel and another that starts with a consonant.
Vowel sounds, not just vowels.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized. In the long distant future if the races continued to coexist, they'd probably be a lot weaker and live less long due to human blood compared to how they were as pure blood. It's inevitable with races coexisting

So this entire stupid ass arc was just a plot device to get rid of (Most of) Kai's belongings. Bye Tama-whatever and the rest of them hybrids, may we never see your stupid-ass worthless faces ever again. This story is getting more and more stupid, MC is a total BETA.

Users who are viewing this thread