Necromance - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - The Grand Saint's Position

Double-page supporter
@Z3Relic Why would you even expect mortal people, who run the church, to actually care about what the god wants? All they always have cared and always will care, is their own benefit.

Dex-chan lover
All embrace me
It's my time to rule at last
Fifteen years have I been waiting
To sit upon my throne

No allegiance
I will swear no oath
Crowned by God not by the church
As my power is divine

They thought I was too young to rule the land
Just as they failed to understand
Born to rule
My time has come

I was chosen by heaven
Say my name when you pray
To the skies
See Safi rise
With the lord my protector
Make them bow to my will
To the skies
See Safi rise

To the skies
See Safi rise

Proved in battle
Led my men to victory
No man alive or dead commands me
I answer to the lord

Hear my orders
Question me and die
What I say was said in heaven
And so it shall be done

I know I was destined to rule alone
All for myself I have claimed the throne
Born to rule
My time is now

I was chosen by heaven
To the skies
See Safi rise
Make them bow to my will
To the skies
See Safi rise

To the skies
See Safi rise

All that's thine
Shall be mine
There's no stopping me
All over Europe my rule shall be questioned by none

All I see
Give to me
That is my decree
My will be done

They thought I was too young to rule the land
Just as they failed to understand
Born to rule
My time is now

I was chosen by heaven
To the skies
See Safi rise
To the skies

Make them bow to my will
To the skies
See Safi rise

To the skies
See Safi rise

Dex-chan lover
There's only one church in all the garbo to great fantasy LN/mangas I've read that doesn't have an openly trash church or members that can do no wrong for the country's people who make the protagonists out to be villains.

Yes, yes, keep scheming loudly because no one that matters can possibly hear you, but every little thing the heroes have done has been reported on with the right context and lawyering to make them seem in the wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@OmegaKaiser ikr?
doesn't seems like he actually understand his creation, heck, he doesn't even seem to be aware of his own teaching

Double-page supporter
@Z3Relic the god is clearly hiding something and is likely evil since if safi's previous incarnation turned against him he is probably up to something shifty like human superiority or just death to all non believers

Dex-chan lover
could it be that the first grand saint didn't have a problem with god but the church and in trying to bring it up to god created some kind of missunderstandin?

@gaaj I'm guessing that one isekai with a good religious sector being "Faraway Paladin"? Yeah it's pretty rare to have a non confrontational religious power in fantasy stories.

Dex-chan lover
so is their god the one who is in the wrong and is a bit of a crazy person/god?

Double-page supporter
Comment 2: What a lovely ending

Comment 1: Annoying bitchings

Double-page supporter
Reminds me of Finn and Flame princess fuck that ship should've sailed

Contributor
Inb4 she wants the hero to herself and is just jealous of safi

The hell? What damn right do these asshats have to talk Safi out of her position? The LITERAL God of their world assigned her there and is perfectly happy with her being there. If anyone is being blasphemous here, it’s these idiots that are going directly against God’s will.

Dex-chan lover
Safi is such a bitch. Man up and just destroy them already. You can do that. Just do it. Or, better yet, do nothing. Let the evil demons do whatever they please. Watch those stuck up bastards flail around trying to survive. Make them suffer.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, so let's get this straight.
Putting aside them saving those nice zombies incident aside, why the fuck would they get mad that The Grand Saint, aka the leading figure and role model of many people, is going around saving people free of charge? They said that the reason was to create a 'balance' so that pharmacists and doctors can also get paid. But the thing is, even if its only Safi who can use healing magic to the degree where the person healed doesn't need to go to a doctor of sorts afterwards, who cares? She's only one person; it's not like she is healing people on a city-wide scale every time she visits one.
Now, let's go back to healing magic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far the manga hasn't told us how healing magic works right? Does it not only heal the wound but also infection? Will it help someone undergoing cardiac arrest? Does it help if there's a blood clot in the brain/heart? If all it takes to stop a fatal complication is someone strong enough to wave their hands, then of course doctors would get the short end of the stick. If that's the case then why are there even doctors? Perhaps healing magic can't do what I just said, so then doctors would be safe; people will still need their services since healing magic can't do everything. However, seeing how its technology (minus magic technology) so far is comparable to the middle ages, I wouldn't really believe the doctors understanding the intricacies of the human body like what today's medical professionals do.
And finally, why did he even mention pharmacists? I'll assume that pharmacists in this world create or at least sell potions. If that's the case, then they will always be welcomed anywhere they go, because if you don't have access to a healer, I'm certain a healing potion would be more affordable than a magic scroll with some healing spell on it. Not to mention they would also sell potions that deter/cure negative status effects.

TL;DR
Mustache Bishop is an idiot for not understanding that doctors exist because they can do some things healing magic can't, and pharmacists will always be welcomed because not everyone can have someone with healing or detoxification magic if adventuring/exploring.

Double-page supporter
iunno they're not entirely wrong
Japan sure loves "Church bad" but the only person who seems like a dick here is God himself who can't even keep his own teachings straight

Dex-chan lover
Lol never thought she literally talks to God. I thought it was going to be through dream or something.

Fed-Kun's army
@0neDragon Thats a good thought, maybe the church framed god somehow for something. like they burnt a village to the ground and said "god said to do this" when in reality god said something like "can you help move this village? its ontop of an area im planning to make into(insert random silly god idea here)" .

Dex-chan lover
I mean the 'corrupt idiot church' plotline is done a million times over but THEIR GOD IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE and has a more or less corporeal presence in the world.

"Your husband is a zombie! That's blasphemous!"

"IT WAS LITERALLY GOD THAT REVIVED HIM!"

Users who are viewing this thread