Necromance - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - The Fallen Knight, Bebarnum

Group Leader
@drixomanbeta @seekermoc Actually if you look up biweekly or bimonthly in the dictionary, it defines it as both twice in a week/month, as well as once every two weeks/months. It's stupid, but that's how things are in English.

Contributor
@Esper,

I don't think anybody's ever told me "that's how things are in English," lol. I have to admit you're correct, the dictionary lists both, because historically it was used both ways. Though any professional writer, and most modern style/usage guides, will advise you to either use bimonthly to mean "every 2nd month" and semi-monthly to mean "twice every month," or to avoid using bimonthly altogether, precisely to prevent this kind of ambiguity.

Dex-chan lover
Why Japan? why always it has to be a Katana/Nodachi/Japanese looking weapon. It's a freaking western fantasy ffs.

Group Leader
@seekermoc English is a terrible language cobbled together from dozens of other languages with some of the worst irregular pronunciation and spelling rules known to man. We've also got words like "flammable" and "inflammable". You would think one would mean something is able to catch on fire and the other means it is fire-resistant. Nope! Both mean the same thing. With the bi-weekly thing, we could just say "new chapters will come out once a fortnite" as that explicitly means 14 days.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not gonna lie, I thought she was hallucinating Beba-kun, but this is kinda funny that she's surrounded by handsome men as MC and Safina have their lives on the line.

Dex-chan lover
@Esper English is actually one of the most (if not outright the most) advanced languages in the world. It has many, many more tenses than most languages, allowing you to be extremely precise with what you mean, while simultaneously allowing advanced poetry and prose without too much effort. Not only that, it also is easy enough for plebs to pick up and use in everyday conversation, especially if you happen to already speak a Romance language or a Germanic language. English is primarily a mix of 4 different languages (Old English, German, Nordic, and French) due to the history England, which does cause some problems occasionally, but the grammar is simply superior to any other human language you can possibly compare it to.

Did it show what the letter was about in a previous chapter? Don’t wanna bother searching back

Users who are viewing this thread