Necromance - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - The Cursed Sword, Hanamurasaki

Dex-chan lover
While God being a nice old guy took me off guard, it was pretty obvious the series was going to go the deicide route.

Dex-chan lover
Excessive Maternal Instincts, eh? That'll be interesting to see next chapter. XD

Fed-Kun's army
god, I loved the whole shenanigan of soffione acting all tough/dignified before being served a good deal of damage to her self-esteem

Well, I think this is kind of repeating cycle theme (kind of Dark Souls) here and Safi, Rico and Shibuki are parallel to Soffione and her companions.
Like those two undead companions of Soffione are parallel to Rico and Bebarnum- they even look similar. So maybe current Demon King is ex lover of Soffione and this happened because of the God?
Maybe he needs to repeat the cycle to have power and control over the world?

However, now thinks are different because heroes are more open minded, willing to listen monster/demon people reasons and even work with them. So default cycle is broken.

Dex-chan lover
Please don't tell me shes gonna help this demon who terrorized our cute ass mage

Fed-Kun's army
Damn it woman, use your words! Wel... most likely god kept him alive as a pseudo undead to keep him from being cured/resurrected. Basically god is blocking SafixShibuki. I imagine he just straight up refused to resurrect the last hero and that's why Soffione snapped and attacked him.

Dex-chan lover
So, this raises the question, how does she know what an Avec is and how does she know what the sword does?

She acts as if she's speaking from experience with using the sword, and as if this has all happened before.

If I were to guess, God's plan is basically to have two adventurers fall madly in love, and then use the sword to defeat the demon king. However, he always gets too attached to the saint to let her go, so he has the one she falls in love with die tragically and turn into an undead before he takes her back.

So, another question is raised, who was Soffione in love with? Well, the way she describes it, she was praying to God endlessly to cure the death of her companions but no one responded so she turned her back from God. I think she was in love with one of her companions.

Dex-chan lover
....she gonna heal the fucker and hes gonna fall in love with her, isnt he?

Dex-chan lover
"I know everything you would ever need to now, but I'm not gonna tell you anything~"

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
I don't think it's quite that simple, she said her goal was to save mankind, theoretically the saint and hero are irrelevant in that in itself, so most likely this is some kind of eternal recurrence scenario where god in this series is intentionally causing strife and the demon king's rise to keep his worship up or even possibly suppliment his own power.
The fact that she's still alive and her friends are still undead after so long says that whatever he did must have been something pretty terrible for them to continue to fight on for so long (even if god is keeping her alive, the fact that her friends are still around doesn't paint a good picture since it implies that they have some form of will to fight even after millenia), so i don't think it's just his attachment to the saint.

Fed-Kun's army
God I hate characters who know everything but don't say it because "its better if you see it for yourself" like no just tell me and save me the hassle.

Obviously, I get it for plot reason but it always baffles me when authors do it

Users who are viewing this thread